James neal has 11 goals and is a -9

Status
Not open for further replies.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
He sucks less ass than lucic I guess lol. Still pissed tre actually pulled the trigger on that shitshow regardless of how bad Neal was.

His streak into the first month was insane. He wasn’t sustaining that kind of pp production, and he has like 2 ES goals with horrible analytics.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I understand and agree with this. Still, taking Lucic for him was one of most brutal choices in recent NHL memory.

One guy wanted to play for Calgary and one didn't. I still think Tre stuck it to him because James Neal hates the cold and his buddy Commodore convinced him to sign in Calgary coming from Vegas. Tre traded him up the road where it is colder. The luster will wear off with Neal for the Oilers.

Puckluck13

Sep 28, 2019
I understand and agree with this. Still, taking Lucic for him was one of most brutal choices in recent NHL memory.

Yes but keeping Neal would be worse. He didn't get along with the coach and was useless 5 on 5.

Flames have enough goals and forward depth in top 6 and Neal doesn't play a bottom 6 game. He was beyond useless.

In a perfect world they trade him for nothing but I rather have Lucic than Neal.

Reactions: Moon Man

Puckluck13

Sep 28, 2019
One guy wanted to play for Calgary and one didn't. I still think Tre tried to stick it to him because James Neal hated the cold and his buddy Commodore convinced him to sign in Calgary coming from Vegas. The luster will wear off with Neal for the Oilers.

Nobody convinced him. Nobody was offering him that contract. He took the money.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
How long until he is in the coaches dog house? He is useless 5 on 5 and brings down everyone he is playing with according to the advanced stats.

I firmly believed before the season that he would be bought out at the end of the season and would be on the fourth line by December. In spite of the pucks bouncing off him and in early in the year, he still might be.

perronist

Dec 8, 2008
At 5 on 5, Neal has been on the ice for 5 goals for and 7 goals against, this rate places him 17th on his team. Lucic has been on the ice for 5 goals for and 6 against, good for 12th on his team.

Of course, Neal plays on the power play with mcdavid and scores more goals there.

The real question is how much chiasson will score this season after Neals’s taken his spot.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
He's currently on all 3 of my fantasy teams, but I have a couple of pending trades in which he's included

Hopefully I'll be able to dump him in the 3rd league as well

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
He's had one puck bounce off of him and into the net.

Lol [mod]

I'm just being honest. I posted as much on the Flames board and I'm perfectly fine repeating it even with his hot start on the PP.

I watched him for 80 games last year, I saw him get scratched multiple times, including in the playoffs with our season on the line. I saw why he was scratched. Maybe I was wrong and he wasn't playing up to his capabilities and is going to this year instead, but what it looked like was a guy trying hard, but who just can't keep up in the NHL and is a liability to any line he plays on 5-on-5.

There is no "all of you guys" here. Plenty of Flames fans were upset about the trade and vehemently disagreed with me, and still do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Scrantonicity 2

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
At 5 on 5, Neal has been on the ice for 5 goals for and 7 goals against, this rate places him 17th on his team. Lucic has been on the ice for 5 goals for and 6 against, good for 12th on his team.

Of course, Neal plays on the power play with mcdavid and scores more goals there.

The real question is how much chiasson will score this season after Neals’s taken his spot.

He's actually 13th on the team if you want to go by GF%. But even then its kind of a garbage stat; Benning leads this category followed by Russell and they make up our extremely sheltered 3rd pairing. Then we have McDraSsian, then the extremely sheltered Manning, and then our sheltered 4th line Jurco / Haas.

He's also not really competing with any of the defenders ahead of him (Nurse / Bear / Klef / Lars / Persson). So he's basically only behind Chiasson and Nuge. Given the soft minutes Chiasson is playing i kind of would expect any legit top6 player to be right where Neal is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad