Injury Report: Jakub Vrana out 4 months

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
If it's good credit Yzerman. If it's bad blame Holland. Confirmation bias much?
Please. You know that except for guys like McDavid and Matthews, it takes several years to develop NHL players, just like in MLB. It isn't wrong to blame Holland for the state of the team right now.

The state of the team in 2024 or 2026? That's all on Yzerman.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Please. You know that except for guys like McDavid and Matthews, it takes several years to develop NHL players, just like in MLB. It isn't wrong to blame Holland for the state of the team right now.

The state of the team in 2024 or 2026? That's all on Yzerman.
I think the dude just watches too much college football, expecting a complete roster turnover in 3 years, lol.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I think the dude just watches too much college football, expecting a complete roster turnover in 3 years, lol.

At least most "negative" posters on here have some coherent narrative.

Some people think we draft too many undersized Euro forwards, others think we draft too many low-skill North American players who rely on physical attributes.

Some think we need to go scorched-earth tank, others think we should use more of our cap space to try and compete.

Beyond disliking the Cossa pick, which I guess is fair enough, I can't really make out any cohesive from this guy. He just kind of lashes out over the fact that we're a bad team.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Some people think we draft too many undersized Euro forwards, others think we draft too many low-skill North American players who rely on physical attributes.

Some think we need to go scorched-earth tank, others think we should use more of our cap space to try and compete.

Beyond disliking the Cossa pick, which I guess is fair enough, I can't really make out any cohesive from this guy. He just kind of lashes out over the fact that we're a bad team.
He hates every pick, lol. The issue I have is that he doesn't present an alternative other than "replicate the 1989 draft", lol. I bet 5 years from now he'll say Stevie screwed up because there were better players picked after Raymond and Cossa, but he won't go out on a limb and say which players NOW because he simply doesn't have the hockey knowledge. I'll bet an entire paycheck that he'll come back and do hindsight drafting in a few years then say "I told you so".

I would have picked Drysdale over Raymond, and not traded up for Cossa, taken Raty with that second, Lambos with the first if Cossa and Wallstedt were both gone. But I'm not gonna be mad because Stevie picked other prospects, the only time a draft is predictable is when you have the top 3 picks.

I'm also not entirely sold on Buium, but it's really hard to bet against Rezmeirski, so I've been kinda quiet on that one.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Fake account, IMO, created to spur the mods to take a harder hand against people they don't like.

Reactions: nhlisawesome

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Clear troll account. Had an agenda from day 1. Everything Yzerman does sucks. Holland was perfect his whole time here and still is. Really just nothing helpful or constructive to the current 2021 Red Wings situation at all.

Then there is the annoying repetitiveness with the Pastrnak posts and then now the Cossa posts.

Sucks we can't just ban accounts like they used to do.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
any updates on his timeline to return?

4 months out.

September 26th injury.

Returning time is somewhere at ~January 26th.

Last games before Olympic break are

CHI - Jan 27th
PIT - Jan 29th
TOR - Jan 30th
ANA - Feb 1st
LAK - Feb 3rd
------------ Olympic break

Next NHL game at February 24th

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
4 months out.

September 26th injury.

CHI - Jan 27th
PIT - Jan 29th
TOR - Jan 30th
ANA - Feb 1st
LAK - Feb 3rd

That is the projected timeline for shoulder surgery, but there can be complications like Tarasenko or he can heal early like Domi (he's out again with an unrelated injury). Either way, they won't really announce anything until he's back in practice, that's what happened with both.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
I know Mickey mentioned on a broadcast about a month ago that Vrana was down in the locker room giving high fives and told Mickey he was hoping to be back before 4 months. But who knows.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
4 months out.

September 26th injury.

CHI - Jan 27th
PIT - Jan 29th
TOR - Jan 30th
ANA - Feb 1st
LAK - Feb 3rd

That isnt an update, i know how long 4 months is.

Have there been any updates? I havent seen any.

Reactions: Winger98

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Is there a way to learn this power?

The last year or so is like a big blur in my memory. I can't believe it's almost 2022.

I can't believe: 'I Can't Believe This Is Not Butter' tastes like butter, but here we are.

Capture.PNG

Big Blur: (Time Dilation - Einstein)

HM category:
Capture.PNG

Hockey Thanksgiving Ed.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
So the update is, there's no update. Glad he's in good spirits high-fiving the team.

Only decision is which one of Fabbri/Zadina earn the other spot. Vrana-Suter-

If SY gets a sense Fabbri wants to test UFA, he should have Blash play him on L2 w/Vrana, pad his stats & sell @TDL.

If he wants to re-sign/team friendly ~$4=$4.5max/3-4yrs, he's a decent secondary option...we need the depth badly. In this case either L2/L3, or even rotate Z/F til one claims the spot via performance.

Otoh, I wouldn't mind seeing Ras/Erne - Veleno - Zadina line. Call it the "Prove It" line. Z gets lower QoC%, PP2 & some more development time.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Need this guy. Come back soon.

January 26th estimation... ~hope it's that.

Latest comments from Blashill indicated second half of February. Ruled out for all of January at least. Possibly all of February.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad