Player Discussion Jakub Lauko

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He definitely did not look out of place tonight. Always an interesting thing to watch how a player handles his first game (and whatever they get after it).

Noticeable in a good way. Build on it. Points will be hard to come by with his line mates but make things happen and he could stick. Being able to play both sides is nice as he provides versatility.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Didn't he say right after he was drafted that he eas going to be the steal of the draft or somethong like that? Clearly doesn't lack confidence!

He looked good tonight, he made a difference. Hopefully he keeps it up.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Noticeable in a good way. Build on it. Points will be hard to come by with his line mates but make things happen and he could stick. Being able to play both sides is nice as he provides versatility.
I'd love to see Monty with the short leash on that 4th line. Foligno was a non-factor tonight, get him out of there and give someone else a game. If they're a non-factor, move on to the next guy. And so on until you get that 4th line is buzzing.

blue

Aug 14, 2005
Montreal
I think Montgomery favors speed and likely a big reason Luako started game 1. Can he keep up the pace and show a little finish? TBD.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I don't remember the last time they had an effective speedster on the 4th line. That was a breath of fresh air tonight. Greer, Foligno, and Frederic are going to have wrestle each other for that 4th line spot.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I think Montgomery favors speed and likely a big reason Luako started game 1. Can he keep up the pace and show a little finish? TBD.
This is the big question I think. Finish. Look at his AHL stat line. Maybe driven by how he was used but goals and assists came infrequently. I hope he can provide a scoring tough.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
This is the big question I think. Finish. Look at his AHL stat line. Maybe driven by how he was used but goals and assists came infrequently. I hope he can provide a scoring tough.
I don't see it as a problem right now.- they need bottom 6 depth and he seems to play a real complimentary role.

aguineapig

Keep your feet moving and motor revving and I can see a Carl Hagelin type career, maybe a little less offence but a little more physical. Him and Beecher would be good running mates down the road.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Solid start, and he should get more comfortable as he gets more reps. Definitely encouraging. Great for us to have young guys who can fill depth roles and bring some energy, it’s been a real weakness of the team the past 2 years. It must be so cool for him to play with Pasta and Krejci.

Reactions: 24 others

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I don't see it as a problem right now.- they need bottom 6 depth and he seems to play a real complimentary role.
Agree and it’s not yet clear how Monty will manage the lines. In the recent past we know despite the value we see, young players would be rolled in and rolled out…looking for patience to alllw his whole game to develop.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Agree and it’s not yet clear how Monty will manage the lines. In the recent past we know despite the value we see, young players would be rolled in and rolled out…looking for patience to alllw his whole game to develop.
Dressing Lauko certainly seems to set a good model for what he's looking for from kids hoping to break in on those bottom lines. I can see why Frederic and Studnicka were healthy scratches and even, in a way, why McLaughlin was sent down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad