Waived: Jakub Kindl

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
giphy.gif

Finally!

Was really really expecting KH to send Marchy down, a bit of faith has been restored.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Good for you Kenny.

Hopefully someone claims him to get whats left of his contract off the books, and free up a spot for Oullet/Jensen/Sproul next time there's an injury

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Good for you Kenny.

Hopefully someone claims him to get whats left of his contract off the books, and free up a spot for Oullet/Jensen/Sproul next time there's an injury

I dont even care so much about the salary, I just don't want to be consistently scared to come on this forum and see the dreaded "Recalled: Jakub Kindl" thread.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
KH is on a roll though.

2015: Cleary waived
2016: Kindl waived
2017: Andersson waived????

Cementing his legacy.

JoshLMVP

Nov 18, 2013
Hockeytown, USA
Yay, another lost asset. I'd rather have him in the AHL than have another team claim him for nothing.

KH school of asset management: Is his name Dan Cleary? No? Okay let the other teams have him.

You're joking right? Kindl's a 7th defenseman with a $2.4M contract. Hardly an asset.

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada
In collecting my thoughts, this could be a very good thing for Kindl. He could get claimed and become useful for another team (the old change of scenery boost), or, maybe he goes down to GR with Nelson and turns it around. Either way I doubt his future is in a wings jersey but I hope he can get it together and become an NHL Dman.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
That's not entirely true, I mean we're keeping 1.45M of Kindl's salary on the books after waiving him anyways so we could have taken back at most that much (maybe more) and gotten a pick out the deal.

Yeah, depends on the player. It would've been nice to trade Kindl for a player making $1.4M or less and pick up a 7th, even if that player is ****.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Yeah, it's not like there was literally a post that said other teams were willing to trade a draft pick for him, if Detroit took salary back.

That doesnt make him an asset. We will trade your garbage for ours and we'll throw in a draft pick doesnt scream asset to me.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Thank you Holland. This was the right move. Congrats Marchenko.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So now we can kind of count Marchenko as 2.1M player (his 670k deal + Kindl 1.45M penalty)

Marchenko is cheaper and better than Kindl as non-waived.

Is Kindl still the best Wings defenceman in HERO charts? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad