Confirmed with Link: Jakub Jerabek Signed to One-Year Contract

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Its a bonus that Jerabek can play both sides. Really looking forward to seeing this player.
i'm that way with Gravel too. It seems like Kings fans always say there was something to him, and a good shot, but that he just never clicked or maybe didn't have the full opportunity.

I also have a feeling that Reider and Drai will really hit it off, and that Reider will help the PK a lot.

Overall though, I still feel that especially with Sekera out, I don't trust our D to do all that is needed of it. Jerabek and Gravel are interesting, but imo our D needs a lot.

Also I don't trust Koskinen, and I'm a little shaken on Talbot.

Oddly, so many are tossing away Rattie but I really liked him a lot with McDavid and feel that will stick and be even more successful. Ideally, Puljujarvi excels and plays with Drai and Reider.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
i'm that way with Gravel too. It seems like Kings fans always say there was something to him, and a good shot, but that he just never clicked or maybe didn't have the full opportunity.

I also have a feeling that Reider and Drai will really hit it off, and that Reider will help the PK a lot.

Overall though, I still feel that especially with Sekera out, I don't trust our D to do all that is needed of it. Jerabek and Gravel are interesting, but imo our D needs a lot.

Oddly, so many are tossing away Rattie but I really liked him a lot with McDavid and feel that will stick and be even more successful. Ideally, Puljujarvi excels and plays with Drai and Reider.

Reider will help the pk, but will disappoint as a top 6. His MO is not gonna take a major leap in Edm, especially at 25 and a plethora of opportunity with some major talent. My guess there will be about 20 games where he shows promise, but reality kicks in w/ much mediocre play. Look for TM to get the blame for breaking up the Hanz and Franz dynamic...and the greatest duo since ConYak will be on his head.

TM will get lampooned for not realizing Reider is an 80 point winger based on some minuscule samples

Last edited:

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Reider will help the pk, but will disappoint as a top 6. His MO is not gonna take a major leap in Edm, especially at 25 and a plethora of opportunity with some major talent. My guess there will be about 20 games where he shows promise, but reality kicks in w/ much mediocre play. Look for TM to get the blame for breaking up the Hanz and Franz dynamic...and the greatest duo since ConYak will be on his head.

TM will get lampooned for not realizing Reider is an 80 point winger based on some minuscule samples
What plethora of opportunity with major talent do you mean. He has played 4 years in the NHL:

Year 1: His primary centers were Gagner and Vermette
Year 2: His primary centers were Hanzel and Vermette
Year 3: His primary center was Hanzel and his most common line
mate was Martinook

Max Domi was the most talented forward he played with in his first three years and he played all of 19 minutes with him.

The first time he played with anyone even close to as good as Leon was last year when he spent 53 minutes with Kopitar. He only had one goal during that period but he did mesh very well with Carter.

Rieder is a smart hockey player with an under rated shot. As a junior he was terrific both on the pk and the pp. No one expects him to be anywhere close to an 80 point winger but 20g and 20a is not at all unreasonable if he plays mostly in the top 6. If he does that and anyone is disappointed, that's on them.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Here is how I see the defence.

The top pairing is going to be Klefbom/Larsson which IMO is a solid top apiring if both players are on their game.
The 2nd pairing is going to be Nurse and one of Benning/Russell/Gravel or Jerabek, Nurse is a top 4 player and I believe the the rotation of Benning/Russell/Gravel and Jerabek can work in the #4 slot and also fill in the #5/#6/#7 spots..

Ideally I would like to see a player like Faulk in the RH #4 spot but I dont think it will be a disaster if the team goes into the season as is.

Koskenen is an unknown but I fully expect a bounceback from Talbot this season.

As for Rattie...he is another question mark BUT I think that pairings are more critical than entire lines. The McDavid/RNH pairing is excellent. I think the Draisaitl/Reider pairing has a ton of potential to also be an excellent pairing.

Bottom line...I am not all that concerned about this team this season from a roster perspective.
The 3 most important areas of the team game will be better....special teams/defensive zone coverage/goaltending. These improvements will make a world of difference.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad