Value of: Jakob Silfverberg

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Seems like an underrated player. Hypothetically, what would the Ducks request for him?

The Coyotes need more RHS's and the Ducks have a good amount.
If I'm not wrong I think all ducks want is scoring , so a better forward? Doubt they trade him right now tho he had a good playoffs

Last edited:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Anaheim is short of scoring forwards as is, and I don't see them being keen to trade any one of their best goalscorers and defensive forwards....especially within the division. If Anaheim is making a trade, it's to trade someone on the backend (during this season a prospect, during next off-season Vatanen) it's highly unlikely they will be trading any of their forwards - Anaheim needs to strengthen their forwards, not weaken them further.

Reactions: Seanaconda

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Anaheim is short of scoring forwards as is, and I don't see them being keen to trade any one of their best goalscorers and defensive forwards....especially within the division. If Anaheim is making a trade, it's to trade someone on the backend (during this season a prospect, during next off-season Vatanen) it's highly unlikely they will be trading any of their forwards - Anaheim needs to strengthen their forwards, not weaken them further.
That second line is nuts for the ducks. If silver wasn't on a shutdown line he would probably score more. But yeah will probably trade a dman for a forward that produces. That's been pretty much every trade rumour I've heard for the ducks

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
One of the sickest shots in the NHL while being borderline elite defensively.

Anaheim would ask for the sun and the moon.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
PPG player in the playoffs and elite defensively will also within division would cost you a ton most likely your top prospect outside of Keller strome plus more

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
More than teams will want to pay... he is a huge part of our team. He is clutch player, and great defensively, and Id say were a team that is looking for a cup... silf is an important piece of that puzzle.

Id put him in the not available category. We do need some young skilled offensive players to go along side steel jones Ritchie rakell silf etc.. but I assume well use vatanen to help with that issue, and hope steel can continue progressing the way hes been going.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Silfverberg is the Ducks best winger imo. If not for Kesler's name value, I'd might even say he's our second best forward all together.

Silferberg does everything well. Great release, great defensively, underrated passer. He's also added speed to his game and has become good at playing keep-away with the puck.

Not to mention he's a clutch performer and he's also a guy that brings an effort in every game. Great work ethic. Terrific all around player and I'm hoping he'll be a Duck for a long time.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Silfverberg is the Ducks best winger imo. If not for Kesler's name value, I'd might even say he's our second best forward all together.

Silferberg does everything well. Great release, great defensively, underrated passer. He's also added speed to his game and has become good at playing keep-away with the puck.

Not to mention he's a clutch performer and he's also a guy that brings an effort in every game. Great work ethic. Terrific all around player and I'm hoping he'll be a Duck for a long time.
Yea hes def the type of player you want on your team come playoffs and as for the original post... he may be underrated in the nhl but hes well loved/respected in Anaheim. like elvs said if not for kelsers name silf might be the 2nd most important forward on the team.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Ironic, I mean few people would take Bobby Ryan over him now.

Crazy when you consider that the pick that turned into Ritchie was part of this trade as well. One of the few trades where the team that gets the better player didn't necessarily "win"

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Seems like an underrated player. Hypothetically, what would the Ducks request for him?

The Coyotes need more RHS's and the Ducks have a good amount.

A forward that is a upgrade to him. Anything less we just cant do because we need to improve our forward group not weaken it.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
In reality Silfverberg is not going anywhere, he is a big piece of our core.

Hypothetically... if he would be made available, then idk. Something similar to Bobby Ryan trade I think :) Perhaps a bit less

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
Fantastic 2 way player, clutch playoff performer signed to excellent contract. Anaheim should hold on to him like no tomorrow.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ironic, I mean few people would take Bobby Ryan over him now.

Since the trade, Ryan is still outscoring him though :

293 games 76 goals 109 assists 185 points

Silfverberg :

297 games 66 goals 85 assists 151 points

Tougher to put up points in Ottawa, as the Sens don't have a #1 center like Getzlaf.

It's because of perceived value because of name associated with the dollars they're making. Silfverberg is going to be paid on his next contract too, so the pressure to produce will be there.

Ryan was overpaid from the start but Sens had to, rather than lose him for nothing. If he was paid more accordingly at 6.0 per and wasn't as injury prone as he has been in Ottawa, he would be seen more positively. He's been dominant (~70 pts paces) in his first 3 seasons for the first ~50-55 games of the season but then ran into injuries each year

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Since the trade, Ryan is still outscoring him though :

293 games 76 goals 109 assists 185 points

Silfverberg :

297 games 66 goals 85 assists 151 points

Tougher to put up points in Ottawa, as the Sens don't have a #1 center like Getzlaf.

It's because of perceived value because of name associated with the dollars they're making. Silfverberg is going to be paid on his next contract too, so the pressure to produce will be there.

Ryan was overpaid from the start but Sens had to, rather than lose him for nothing. If he was paid more accordingly at 6.0 per and wasn't as injury prone as he has been in Ottawa, he would be seen more positively. He's been dominant (~70 pts paces) in his first 3 seasons for the first ~50-55 games of the season but then ran into injuries each year
Silfverberg value comes from his 2 way play as well as his clutch playoff performances. He always seems to have another gear there.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
As an Oiler fan I hope the Ducks trade him . I would offer our 1st + K Yamamoto and more . As a hockey fan the cost would hurt so bring the KY :)

Reactions: Getz2perry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad