Jakob Silfverberg announces he will retire from the NHL at the end of this season

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
In honor of the man, I give you the cat I named after him.

Happy trails, Silf!

Screenshot_20240411-101516_Instagram.jpg

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
So did we lose the trade?
Could have been even better if Richie panned out and we kept Noesen as a depth player (or if his development wasn’t impacted by injury), but Silfver more than made up for it.

Ottawa:

Ryan 455 GP 107 G 266 Pts.

Anaheim:

Silfverberg 769 GP 158 G 354 Pts.
Ritchie 287 GP 43 G 109 Pts.
Heinen 52 GP 10 G 18 Pts.
Noesen 14 GP 2 G 2 Pts.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Pretty expected, but good for him! Solid career…. Really enjoyed the silf cogs Kesler line.

Had some really good playoff runs with us, and his shootout run was fun to watch

I don’t think we have one yet…. Maybe they needed more legit candidates for it before they do one.
Yeah that was my favorite thing from him when he was the Ducks shootout ace with his rapid release wrist shot that just beat goalies cleanly. I'm glad he at least got to spend one season helping Carlsson into the NHL and played with him internationally before he was drafted too.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Knew this was coming. Good for him. Definitely had his ups and downs but always a good dude. Id easily take Silfv over Bobby straight up. Ritchie was the big let down of that trade.

When he and Cogs were rolling with Kessler, man that was a fun line.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lose lose probably. Bobby Ryan never really had a great year afterwards. Silf was an okay player for a long time but never more than a third line forward. I’m still not over that we wasted that pick on Ritchie.
The Ducks got a great two way forward for a guy who was declining before the Ducks traded him. I fail to see how that's a loss for the Ducks.

Anyway good luck to Jakob in retirement. Great solider and a fun guy to watch for most of his run here.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Stick taps, Silfvy. Enjoyed him as a Duck very much.

Deserved current top5 of all time Ducks goal scorers

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Ducks did well in the trade despite Noesen and Ritchie never amounting to much.

We needed another C badly and Bobby’s resources were ultimately devoted to Kesler.

From Ottawa’s perspective, Bryan Murray truly thought he’d found a younger Heatley for Spezza but they never worked out, and Spez I think only played with Bobby for 1 season (Ducks were even rumoured to be in on him during the Kesler summer).

Silf is a great guy by all accounts, hope he is held in high esteem by the org like they do with other former players. He should be

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Oooh, aaah Silfverberg!

I'll miss saying that.

Congratulations and thank you to Jakob, the last of the Cogs-Kessler-Silf line that was a great shutdown line that could also score some goals.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he's really going to be missed in that locker room and especially on the PK

20 goal shutdown-type forward at his peak, but had no issues adjusting to a bottom 6 grinder role as his body broke down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad