Player Discussion Jakob Chychrun (D)

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
At the Carolina game, we had some seats three rows up from the glass. I paid special attention to the body language of the players we have hate on...this guy genuinely looks freaked out. His eyes are bulging out of his head like he is lost, his head is attempting to turn every which way to try and catch the puck carrier and the opposing player tracking with him. Usually, they say you have your head on a swivel, he looks like he is cracked out and has no idea where to look, pooping his pants to make mistakes. The guy is being decimated under pressure here. He doesn't belong here.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He looks like he’s 5’11” and 190 lbs out there.
Tbf he looked a lot better when he first got here.
There is a chance it’s a coaching thing at least partially.

Reactions: Bileur

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
At the Carolina game, we had some seats three rows up from the glass. I paid special attention to the body language of the players we have hate on...this guy genuinely looks freaked out. His eyes are bulging out of his head like he is lost, his head is attempting to turn every which way to try and catch the puck carrier and the opposing player tracking with him. Usually, they say you have your head on a swivel, he looks like he is cracked out and has no idea where to look, pooping his pants to make mistakes. The guy is being decimated under pressure here. He doesn't belong here.
He's definitely not pooping himself but is most likely constipated from all the weird meats he eats.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I had close to ice level seats for one of Cody Ceci's last games as a Senator and this exact description could have been applied there too.

Reactions: mysens

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
For whatever reason he doesn't want to be in Ottawa. And he is playing like it.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Now I see why he remained on the trade block for almost 2 years with no one in the league making an offer except for us, the worst pro scouting in the league.

I think the inability to take back salary also hurt negotiations.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Now I see why he remained on the trade block for almost 2 years with no one in the league making an offer except for us, the worst pro scouting in the league.
Pretty funny eh? I bet Dorion still thinks he just needed a couple more weeks to show his finished “Plan” to the world.
We were heavily cursed with that melnyk dorkion duo. That’s the unfortunate reality.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Is it me, or is this guy playing a much much better game the last half dozen games. He is actually enjoyable to watch finally. He is physical, he is making better decisions and looks happier. Maybe his box of raw hearts got through CBSA and he is munching away.

Reactions: DrEasy

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Is it me, or is this guy playing a much much better game the last half dozen games. He is actually enjoyable to watch finally. He is physical, he is making better decisions and looks happier. Maybe his box of raw hearts got through CBSA and he is munching away.

No Chabot either. Those two both need the same type of minutes it seems like.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They've found a way to use him on the PP finally, 5v5 he can still be a bit of an adventure at times but he has been better.

Offensively he's been good. Defensively , I would not call it good. Moving Batherson down low and using Chychrun on that half wall has revived the PP.
Sanderson has been good on top.

Reactions: Emerica and DrEasy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
They've found a way to use him on the PP finally, 5v5 he can still be a bit of an adventure at times but he has been better.
The nice thing is that if we move him out Norris can slide right in without reshuffling what has been working.

Though, new coaches will likely have different ideas…

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Again, another game that he played sooo much better than the first 3/4 of the season. He looks more physical, is placing his stick in better spots and of course the utilization of his shot. That goal last night, all were happy that he scored, but Timmy body language does not seem so. Take a look at the replay.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Again, another game that he played sooo much better than the first 3/4 of the season. He looks more physical, is placing his stick in better spots and of course the utilization of his shot. That goal last night, all were happy that he scored, but Timmy body language does not seem so. Take a look at the replay.

i went back to look at it and ???

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm delighted with Chychrun's late season surge. This helps his trade value, and our ability to try to recover what we gave up for him. A first, even if it has to be a 2025 first, and a second or a solid prospect should be the asking price. We can then use some or all of those assets in the hunt for a RHD...

Reactions: DrEasy

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
I wonder if his longevity this season can be attributed to a diet change, safer play, both, or something else entirely.

Unfortunately he might not play tonight, he's so close to playing his first full season.. already at a career high 74 games.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
I wonder if his longevity this season can be attributed to a diet change, safer play, both, or something else entirely.

Unfortunately he might not play tonight, he's so close to playing his first full season.. already at a career high 74 games.

Well Chabot is supposed to be back. They said it would be last Tuesday or if not then Thursday. Today is Thursday.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well Chabot is supposed to be back. They said it would be last Tuesday or if not then Thursday. Today is Thursday.
He's skating and feeling good, JM said they expect him back for the weekend, but I don't think he'll play tonight. Chabot also confirmed it's related to the broken tibia from earlier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad