Recalled/Assigned: Jake Leschyshyn

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
this place is so funny and predictable
he's the last F on the bench, taking Pitlick's place

tie yourself in a knot over it, if you please
i just don't get why
EVERY team in NHL has guys just like him in the lineup for numerous games every season

I don't expect there's going to be any permanence in our lineup in any case. He's just a call up and I do suspect that within the next couple weeks Kakko's going to be back. In the meantime the coaching staff get to see a player they're not too familiar with.

Edstrom in any case has been out of the lineup for 3/4 games. Why I'm not sure but I'd speculate it's some kind of injury.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Leshitshow is back. Man, f*** that guy.
fba31098-c9fe-4ff5-b203-efbcec5974bc_text.gif

Reactions: will1066 and nyr2k2

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
I don't expect there's going to be any permanence in our lineup in any case. He's just a call up and I do suspect that within the next couple weeks Kakko's going to be back. In the meantime the coaching staff get to see a player they're not too familiar with.

Edstrom in any case has been out of the lineup for 3/4 games. Why I'm not sure but I'd speculate it's some kind of injury.
The team needs a 12th forward to replace Pitlick. Kakko still in non contact jersey. Chytil back home. Edstrom and Nash were listed over the weekend as out week to week. Brodzinski already called up and not very effective. Belzile is a better player but not a 4th liner. Berard is an option but maybe the team doesn't want to rush him. Watching Hartford this season I am not a Lesch fan (Everyone saw him with the Rangers last year and he hasn't improved) but I'm not sure there is a better option given the injuries.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Somebody ask Sean Avery to fish out his skates in the Hudson. He’s divorced so we know he’ll be motivated.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Why does it seem the Rangers have AHL players that can't do anything at the NHL level? Why do they even get NHL contracts because they have not deserved NHL contracts? Rangers can't be the only organization that has scrubs like Brodzinski and Leschyshyn.

How is he still here?
Rangers resigned him 🙄

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Let’s be honest. Othmanns not ready and less than 10 minutes a game isn’t going to help him in any way. That being said something really needs to be done with the bottom 6.

It makes me miss the days of drafting a young Dom Moore, having a young Colton Orr, or a young Blair Betts or trading for a young Brian Boyle.

How about this?

Jack McBain to Rangers
Zac Jones to Coyotes.

Cap hit 1.59 next summer and RFA

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Leschyshyn is the ultimate up and down winger...in the AHL...at center.

He's fine on the third line down there but anything more is a stretch.

This is a complete nothingburger of a move. Maybe given all the complaints of Goodrow, the team is making this move happen so fans will appreciate Goodrow more?

Expect our bottom 6 to continue to be brutal.

Leschyshyn is a guy you keep around for AHL depth, and nothing more.

Othmann should be playing top minutes in Hartford, not stapled to the bench and the bottom 6 in the NHL. Totally fine with sending him down. But for the love of decent hockey, please call up Belzile or Blidh, not Leschyshyn, if you just need a warm body.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Why does it seem the Rangers have AHL players that can't do anything at the NHL level? Why do they even get NHL contracts because they have not deserved NHL contracts? Rangers can't be the only organization that has scrubs like Brodzinski and Leschyshyn.
How many times must this be explained to you?

Reactions: SA16

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It's obvious that Laviolette feels we need some scoring punch on the 4th line to cover for Zibby/Kreids inabilities 5v5. oh wait.....

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00