Injury Report: Jake Gardiner - Now Week-to-Week

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I have to admit I am not a Jake fan. But I will also admit the team looks much worse without him. We do not have the depth like Dubie thought. Well at least we are learned it. I am a big believer in 1 offensive puck moving dman with a bigger stronger defensive minded dman who can wheel. That is the ideal world for me but clearly hard to achieve.

Offense
Rielly-would like to see more strength in his own end of forecheck
Gards-too many dumb dumb plays
Dermott
Lilly?

Defense
Hainsey-too slow
Muzzy-perfect
Rosen-early to tell but promising
Sandin?

Notice i left out Z because i don't view him as NHL calibre

I mean consider the marked out players have been injured all around the same time, or were returning from injury:

Rielly
Muzzin
Gardiner
Dermott

Hainsey
Zaitsev
Marincin
Holl
Oz
Rosen
Sandin
Liljegren

Borgman

Had Liljegren not been injured he would have likely gone in once Gardiner went down .. And similar with Rosen when Dermott was injured.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I hope we see Halak. It would mean we've won at least a couple of games, barring an injury to Rask.

Bottom line is the Bruins have 4 more points after 79 games, and 2 are from shootout wins. They have 2 more real points. Idiots think we're a heavy underdog. This is as close to a 50-50 toss-up as there is.

It seems so obvious doesn't it? I'm amazed (and a little bit embarrassed) by the number of Leaf fans who are predicting we get swept. :help:

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
When Jake was gone, it was like the forwards were sitting there scratching their heads wondering where their puck was. There's many things Jake isn't, but he's been excellent at moving the puck. Think Jake's disappearance might overall of helped as forwards had to start considering the person getting the puck to them might be Marincin and had to adjust to make it easier for them.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
If the injury is week to week, then it's a season ending injury. The way the Leafs are playing....average to poor, against the now very good Bruins, seem impossible that the Leaf could win that series.
Why is does Nylander get so much ice time? Guess it's the contract. because he shouldn't be playing.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
It seems so obvious doesn't it? I'm amazed (and a little bit embarrassed) by the number of Leaf fans who are predicting we get swept. :help:

I'd love to believe anything that has the slightest hint that we can take this series but the problem with just looking at todays numbers is that you also have to look when they came, in other words the Leafs have been okay but not excellent recently whereby the Bruins have been one of the best teams in the league recently, we were at one point 10 points ahead of the Bruins (who were tied with the Habs) before they went on that 18-game point streak. So you think that the recent play is going to carry on in the playoffs.

Here's hoping that the Leafs can switch back to how they played the first half of the season.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I'd love to believe anything that has the slightest hint that we can take this series but the problem with just looking at todays numbers is that you also have to look when they came, in other words the Leafs have been okay but not excellent recently whereby the Bruins have been one of the best teams in the league recently, we were at one point 10 points ahead of the Bruins (who were tied with the Habs) before they went on that 18-game point streak. So you think that the recent play is going to carry on in the playoffs.

Here's hoping that the Leafs can switch back to how they played the first half of the season.
Time and space gets reduced as season progresses and we get closer to playoffs as teams ready for playoff hockey. It will ramp up even more next week in playoffs. In other words it is harder for skilled guys to utilize their skill.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
You can always tell when people not only don’t watch other teams.... they clearly don’t even follow them.

Boston has come roaring back. They had an incredible run. And the leafs slumped..... within all that. They have 1 more win.

Not only that. They have been garbage for March. Just like us. AND during their big streak. They went down a bunch of times and had to roar back in the third.

Winnipeg has been a train wreck since Mo went down. Toronto is still ahead of them.

The media still come up with garbage like “playoff teams like Boston and Winnipeg don’t let injuries affect them”

Both teams. Are trending to have significant point drops this year. Just like us

Unreal

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
You can always tell when people not only don’t watch other teams.... they clearly don’t even follow them.

Boston has come roaring back. They had an incredible run. And the leafs slumped..... within all that. They have 1 more win.

Not only that. They have been garbage for March. Just like us. AND during their big streak. They went down a bunch of times and had to roar back in the third.

Winnipeg has been a train wreck since Mo went down. Toronto is still ahead of them.

The media still come up with garbage like “playoff teams like Boston and Winnipeg don’t let injuries affect them”

Both teams. Are trending to have significant point drops this year. Just like us

Unreal
So true. I watch most Peg games or at least the 2nd and 3rds. They are a shell of themselves without MO and Big Buff. MO should be back for next game. Buff back but his skating legs not there yet. No NHL team can withstand loss of their best 2 defenders that long.

Znith

Aug 16, 2012

Unreal

Freddy: 36-15-6 with a .918 sv%
Sparks: 8-9-1 with a .902

Rask: 27-12-5, .915
Halak: 21-11-4, .920

I'd like to propose that the biggest difference between Boston and Toronto is goaltending.
Obviously, two different style teams, but in terms of results the one thing standing out is between the pipes.

During a playoff series, this shouldn't come into play, (crosses fingers with Freddy)

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Lmao at the excuses bandied about in this thread. Some of you are straight up delusional. In your minds, I bet you think it probably makes you feel like a diehard fan too smh.

member 300185

So nice of that idiot Babcock to put Willy Fluffy Bunny on the first line when he did not deserve it. He has done nothing to deserve first line minutes. Babcock has to go. He is going to have the players alienate him and lose the room with this kind of nonsense.

Put Nylander on the 4th line where he belongs. He produces less than 4th line players. Just like Marner, let him work his way back up.

Its truly disgusting how Babs runs this team. At least Kapanen was producing with Matthews.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
So nice of that idiot Babcock to put Willy Fluffy Bunny on the first line when he did not deserve it. He has done nothing to deserve first line minutes. Babcock has to go. He is going to have the players alienate him and lose the room with this kind of nonsense.

Put Nylander on the 4th line where he belongs. He produces less than 4th line players. Just like Marner, let him work his way back up.

Its truly disgusting how Babs runs this team. At least Kapanen was producing with Matthews.
Do most 4th liners have 10 points in their last 14 (even with 0 in their last 3)? Asking for a friend.

Nice hot take though, looks like babs isn’t the idiot huh

Reactions: kb

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
If Jake sits out against Boston and walks I won't even be mad at him , but he knows he needs to prove everyone wrong this time

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto

Nahh don't buy into what these drama queens are saying. All cries of drama.

They're acting like dramatic girls who say they HATE their boyfriends with tears and sobs while throwing a tissue box across the room.
but in reality... they LOVE them. Girls only say I hate you to the guys that they love.

And these leaf fans are going to be watching and loving the Leafs Vs Bruins.

Bank on it :thumbu:

Reactions: Gary Nylund

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Wondering which Jake we get.

1. The Jake that knows Leafs do not plan to sign him and protects himself from further injury or
2. The Jake that has to prove his back and game are sound so that he lands the big contract July 1st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad