Prospect Info: Jake Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Since Evans doesn't need to clear waivers, they could bring in someone like Thompson and see who wins the battle. If Evans loses then he can help Laval, if he wins Thompson or whoever it is can be a spare or sent to Laval since you can bury 1.075M without impacting the cap.

Reactions: Archijerej

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Since Evans doesn't need to clear waivers, they could bring in someone like Thompson and see who wins the battle. If Evans loses then he can help Laval, if he wins Thompson or whoever it is can be a spare or sent to Laval since you can bury 1.075M without impacting the cap.

There are many depth guys that will get squeezed out by the flat cap and that we could sign for cheap if we get lucky. Underrated guys like Nosek, Nordstrom, and many more could be on the way out with so many teams already so close to the cap ceiling, and would be awesome adds if they come near the 1 M$ mark.

But Evans would be my favorite for the fourth-line role next year, he's quick, smart, is good defensively, more than okay on the cycle, plays hard and virtually mistake-free, basically anything you could ever want from a fourth-liner minus the ++ size and physicality.

Reactions: Archijerej

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
There are many depth guys that will get squeezed out by the flat cap and that we could sign for cheap if we get lucky. Underrated guys like Nosek, Nordstrom, and many more could be on the way out with so many teams already so close to the cap ceiling, and would be awesome adds if they come near the 1 M$ mark.
That's likely true. I'd still like us to sign someone to challenge Evans for the #4C spot as well as a guy like Nosek or Nordstrom who provides something different to Weal. Assuming Byron starts on the 4th line and a #4C/Evans/Nosek/Weal fighting it out for the 11-14th forward spots, we should be better prepared to withstand a couple of injuries and still be able to field a 4-lines team.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That's likely true. I'd still like us to sign someone to challenge Evans for the #4C spot as well as a guy like Nosek or Nordstrom who provides something different to Weal. Assuming Byron starts on the 4th line and a #4C/Evans/Nosek/Weal fighting it out for the 11-14th forward spots, we should be better prepared to withstand a couple of injuries and still be able to field a 4-lines team.

If we were to acquire 1 skilled forward in addition to Domi, or whoever Domi is traded for, then both Byron and Lehkonen are on the 4th line. If we acquire 2, Armia and Lehkonen are on the 4th line and Byron needs to be dealt.

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Converting a player picked after 200 others in the draft into any sort of NHLer these days is a great result.

His low risk, right place right time game is just what's needed at 4C.

Hope he cements his place. His year on year progress suggests that he will.

I also like that he can jump into the top 9.

He definitely may emerge in the same. Category as Byron, Lehkonen, and Armia. I see him potentially have more offense than Byron and Lehk, maybe even Armia. If he's in the lineup, he'll get his shots in the top 9 when there are injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walrus26

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Evans is on Danaut's development track and I'm curious to see what kind of season he has... Habs management like his game. If Evans has a solid season and shows 3C potential while Danault is meh and Suzuki/KK take steps forward.... it's possible we let Danault walk. Then there is that PLD trade talk too.

Enjoy the season cause we have big decisions to make in the off season

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
At the same age, Danault put up 40 points playing with Pacioretty and Radulov mostly. If he were playing with normal linemates like Byron and Lehkonen, he'd probably put up around 20-30 points. Pro rate that to 56 game season and you get between 15-20 points. That's what I'm expecting from Evans this year. Obviously I'm also looking at his defensive and transition game, his proficiency on the PK as well as his faceoff numbers.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I am waiting Evans challanges Danault spot as 3nd center.
You are going to need patience then.

I really like Evans, but currently, Danault has much better physical tools. Eventually, Evans might be there, but he needs to get stronger and faster first.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Evans is on Danaut's development track and I'm curious to see what kind of season he has... Habs management like his game. If Evans has a solid season and shows 3C potential while Danault is meh and Suzuki/KK take steps forward.... it's possible we let Danault walk. Then there is that PLD trade talk too.

Enjoy the season cause we have big decisions to make in the off season
Thats fantastic because it means we're moving in the right direction. Not many successful teams these days get to have an off-season without having to make big decisions. Hopefully, they make the right ones.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Thats fantastic because it means we're moving in the right direction. Not many successful teams these days get to have an off-season without having to make big decisions. Hopefully, they make the right ones.

If Suzuki, Romanov, Kotkaniemi all look good this year, I'm a believer. We have lots of pieces to use if a guy like PLD actually gets traded and we want him. We didn't have that option back when. Decent mix of young guys with key vets with a solid prospect pool with lots of picks to come.

Direction is positive but undetermined how that will translate. Do we loose in the 2nd round at best or can this core be a final 4 threat? We lack high end offensive starts so not sure.

Evans is solid bottom 6 asset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad