Value of: Jake Evans, any interest?

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
I know that the name of Jake Evans won't make HFboarders make wet dreams.

But if you've watch actual Habs games this year, you know the guy is a great 4th line center that any contender team would want aboard...

Specially NHL coaches/GMs, 'cause those guys know the value of that kind of players when it comes to playoffs tight style of play.

To win it all you need a great top 6, of course. But you need solid bottom 6 too..

He's a RHC, he wins faceoffs, he's very (very) smart, so he brakes a lot of play because of his anticipation capacity. He's very good defensively while being able to contribute a little offense (4th line level).

He's been good in the Habs '21 run to the finals. He has experience.

There's no hurry to trade him, he's got one more year on his (1,7 mil) contract. So Hughes won't give him away, he's not on the trade list unless a good payback.

Not a 1st of course, a 3rd? A 2nd (with some additional assets on MTL side?)?

Is there any HFboard interest?

Just for fun as Mtl is pretty slim on centers, and Evans is certainly a player MSL like.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
For the Avs, I would rather give a shot at Gignac. Gignac has great wheels and has been ok on FO in his debue (1st game 50% - 2nd game 100%). Maybe we can use him a bit like JT Compher was.

To Colorado

Gignac + 7th

To Montreal

SEA 2024 5th

• Haha
Reactions: Lockin17

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
For the Avs, I would rather give a shot at Gignac. Gignac has great wheels and has been ok on FO in his debue (1st game 50% - 2nd game 100%). Maybe we can use him a bit like JT Compher was.

To Colorado

Gignac + 7th

To Montreal

SEA 2024 5th
we'll just keep Gignac thanks,
One of the worse offer i've seen btw

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012

To Colorado

Gignac + 7th

To Montreal

SEA 2024 5th
Not a terrible offer but rather take the percentages of keeping him rather than a 5th. Thought he looked great his first game and man can he fly.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Gignac is the Bracco of the Habs. Except, other than Slafy, no other Habs fan values him as anything other than a career AHLer!

Reactions: zeeto

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
A 3rd round draft pick has 13% chance of playing 100 games in the NHL. Likely an Evans like player.

That's what a 237 game 78 point Evans overcame to play in the NHL

So you trade an existing NHL player for a 1 in 8 chance in 5 years that you will get the same type of player.

Make sense to anyone?

A 3rd or 4th line center already in the NHL has more value then that. But hey, all the NHL2000 professional hockey GMs already knew that.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I know that the name of Jake Evans won't make HFboarders make wet dreams.

But if you've watch actual Habs games this year, you know the guy is a great 4th line center that any contender team would want aboard...

Specially NHL coaches/GMs, 'cause those guys know the value of that kind of players when it comes to playoffs tight style of play.

To win it all you need a great top 6, of course. But you need solid bottom 6 too..

He's a RHC, he wins faceoffs, he's very (very) smart, so he brakes a lot of play because of his anticipation capacity. He's very good defensively while being able to contribute a little offense (4th line level).

He's been good in the Habs '21 run to the finals. He has experience.

There's no hurry to trade him, he's got one more year on his (1,7 mil) contract. So Hughes won't give him away, he's not on the trade list unless a good payback.

Not a 1st of course, a 3rd? A 2nd (with some additional assets on MTL side?)?

Is there any HFboard interest?

Just for fun as Mtl is pretty slim on centers, and Evans is certainly a player MSL like.
With one C on the roster (Suzuki) and 24 picks in the next two drafts. How does trading our 2nd line C by default, who's young-ish and and on an affordable contract - for a middling pick - make any sense?

I don't think this guy has any value, to be honest. We'll give you Kampf, one for one.
that's great! thank you.
how about no?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
With one C on the roster (Suzuki) and 24 picks in the next two drafts. How does trading our 2nd line C by default, who's young-ish and and on an affordable contract - for a middling pick - make any sense?

that's great! thank you.
how about no?
NHL2000...

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Not a terrible offer but rather take the percentages of keeping him rather than a 5th. Thought he looked great his first game and man can he fly.
this in't a good or practical offer. Habs don't need a 5th--gignac has far more value to the team than a 5th.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
He's a perfect 4C that will still be on the right side of 30 I hope they can re-sign him for under 2 million again. They probably get a 2nd with 50% 3rd without so certainly no reason to deal him this season

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Look at this. Study it. Look at it again. Study it harder.

Then ask yourself if what you are about to say make sense in term of an offer for an existing NHL player.

NHL-players-per-round.png

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He's a perfect 4C that will still be on the right side of 30 I hope they can re-sign him for under 2 million again. They probably get a 2nd with 50% 3rd without so certainly no reason to deal him this season
He's NOT going to be traded until we have center stability AND better youngsters then him.

That is maybe 2-3 years at which point he's 30.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad