Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I still think JDB the better player. Especially considering he played a good portion of the season with a busted hand. Its gonna come down to $$$$.
DeBrusk broke hand ?

I hope they keep him

As Brad said the playoffs are a different animal

DeBrusk is in cruise control in regular season and a level above in playoffs

I’d go 6x6

True. And we are discussing production.

But, Freddy was +5 and Geekie even while Jake was -5.
How many were on for empty net pulled goals

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
DeBrusk broke hand ?

I hope they keep him

I’d go 6x6

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
As inconsistent as he is every year, he always lifts his game in the postseason. I'd bring him back, I just don't think he'd re-sign here given the media scrutiny and some of the stuff we've said about him here. Seems like a kid who will be happier in Western Canada.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
True. And we are discussing production.

But, Freddy was +5 and Geekie even while Jake was -5.
I don’t really care. In game 6 Debrusk was blocking shots, making plays, and skating with purpose. Geekie was meh and Freddy had the yips and single-handedly killed at least 4 solid scoring chances with terrible passes. Neither of those guys should be in the top 6 on a team with cup hopes. Debrusk is on a different level.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Screenshot_20240518_165804_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240518_165821_Chrome.jpg

Jake was in good company in the playoffs. Look at these players above, tied, or below him.

But sure, let's just get rid of a proven playoff performer.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I don’t really care. In game 6 Debrusk was blocking shots, making plays, and skating with purpose. Geekie was meh and Freddy had the yips and single-handedly killed at least 4 solid scoring chances with terrible passes. Neither of those guys should be in the top 6 on a team with cup hopes. Debrusk is on a different level.

Not a great response.

Yes Game 6 Debrusk was the better player. And yet he still managed to be on the ice for both Florida goals.

Jake was also credited with 1 takeaway in the 13 games. The lowest total on the team. Could be a factor in his team worst -5.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
DeBrusk broke hand ?

I hope they keep him

I’d go 6x6

Possibly 1.

Only one empty net goal allowed by B's. Game 3 when Jake had a meaningless goal and an assist in the third period, down 4-0.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Not a great response.

Yes Game 6 Debrusk was the better player. And yet he still managed to be on the ice for both Florida goals.

Jake was also credited with 1 takeaway in the 13 games. The lowest total on the team. Could be a factor in his team worst -5.

Happenstance.

Watching Jake, he had a very good series in both ends of the ice. I think he helped his cause in getting a good contract more than hurt it with his playoff run.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
As inconsistent as he is every year, he always lifts his game in the postseason. I'd bring him back, I just don't think he'd re-sign here given the media scrutiny and some of the stuff we've said about him here. Seems like a kid who will be happier in Western Canada.
Honestly Western Canada is worse they can't go out for dinner and take a piss without someone wanting an autograph. Our dudes pass through anywhere pretty anonymous. HF hating isn't that bad they don't read this cesspool and honestly its only 5-6 losers who trash our players everyone else is pretty normal and reasonable.
View attachment 873003

View attachment 873004

Jake was in good company in the playoffs. Look at these players above, tied, or below him.

But sure, let's just get rid of a proven playoff performer.
If we don't keep him the trade/roster threads will just be full of the same idiots that trashed him begging for a wing like him.

Fast- check
Physical-check
Clutch-check

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
If we don't keep him the trade/roster threads will just be full of the same idiots that trashed him begging for a wing like him.

Fast- check
Physical-check
Clutch-check

Except Jake was none of those things except fast. He's not physical and he's not clutch.

DeBrusk broke hand ?

I hope they keep him

I’d go 6x6

$6 million AAV isn't worth it for 10 playoff games when he's captain inconsistent for the other 82. He's barely worth $4.5 million. This team should let him go and bring the next man up.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Do you honestly think Jake knows (or would care) about what is said here?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Jake seems to play better with daddy Louie in attendance any chance we sign Louie to the broadcast team.

I mean if he played with Mcdavid he would have a chance. Hell mcdavid turned puljujarvi into an almost .5ppg player for two years and look what happened with hyman

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Oilers don't have the money to pay Jake so that's out.

But someone like Chicago could easily give him just under 8M.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I read the Debrusk exit comment about thinking the extension would already be done as it’s close and likely to bring him back.

Yeah I agree, I think they have been close for months. Not sure whether the sticking point is a bit of salary, or years, or even how much and how long NTC

Reactions: SPV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad