Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
And yet he is -4, tied with Beecher for worst on the team.

Still, on this roster, he's one of only a couple forwards that can make big plays.
Yep but with the exception of the first game, Boston scored 2 goals or less in 4 of the 5 games while Florida scored 6 goals twice and 3 goal in their 3 wins. Math wise, Boston is negative in the +- stat.

Based on your current assessment, Maroon plays better defensively than Debrusk!

74 has 10 points. 5 goals + 5 assists. On those 5 goals, 2 were against Florida (+3 assist) and he is -1 in second round. Point could be made against Toronto, but my point stand against Florida.

Reactions: Mione134

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Yep but with the exception of the first game, Boston scored 2 goals or less in 4 of the 5 games while Florida scored 6 goals twice and 3 goal in their 3 wins. Math wise, Boston is negative in the +- stat.

Based on your current assessment, Maroon plays better defensively than Debrusk!

74 has 10 points. 5 goals + 5 assists. On those 5 goals, 2 were against Florida (+3 assist) and he is -1 in second round. Point could be made against Toronto, but my point stand against Florida.

I don't recall making any assessment. Simply stated the fact that Debrusk is -4, worst on the team along with Beecher.

And the plus/minus stat is not a way of determining strictly defensive ability.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don't recall making any assessment. Simply stated the fact that Debrusk is -4, worst on the team along with Beecher.

-4 but the best forward on the team and has the most points for this team.

That -4 stat is useless. Jake has been solid all playoff long. That's not indicative of his play at all.

Reactions: bme44

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
And yet he is -4, tied with Beecher for worst on the team.

Still, on this roster, he's one of only a couple forwards that can make big plays.

He’s basically flipped what he did in the regular season.

He was playing a very solid 200ft game 5v5 but really struggled on the power play.

Now he’s been very solid on the power play but is struggling 5v5

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021

Bonvie, you are skilled at drowning out the depths of your intention. By raising Jake's -4, I allow myself to doubt your intention.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
-4 but the best forward on the team and has the most points for this team.

That -4 stat is useless. Jake has been solid all playoff long. That's not indicative of his play at all.

In Game 2, Paul Maurice was asked on the bench what Florida needed to do different from Game 1. He said (paraphrasing) "We had a number of guys with -2 or -3's. That's got to change". It's not a useless stat to the coach.

We disagree about Jake being the best forward on the team.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
In Game 2, Paul Maurice was asked on the bench what Florida needed to do different from Game 1. He said (paraphrasing) "We had a number of guys with -2 or -3's. That's got to change". It's not a useless stat to the coach.

We disagree about Jake being the best forward on the team.
I don't give a f*** what Paul Maurice thinks, he's not my coach.

Jake DeBrusk has been the best forward on this team in the playoffs. And that's just a fact. I never said he was the best forward on the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeIsAStud

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
If he truly wants to come back, and its not all about the most money he can get, I will gladly take him back. If his contract wish is crazily high like 6-7 million, then I think they can look elsewhere. So I really think its up to him if he wants to stay.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
JDB is simply gonna come down to $$$$$$$.

How much they have to spend and what are his demands.
Gee Wally, you are always a step ahead. Good for you.

I am only at game 6! Next year is another world. And for game 6 I want 74 to play like he did in previous games against Florida.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I don't give a f*** what Paul Maurice thinks, he's not my coach.

Jake DeBrusk has been the best forward on this team in the playoffs. And that's just a fact. I never said he was the best forward on the team.

I understood you meant in the playoffs. That's what I was talking about too.

Being the best forward on this team in the playoffs is your opinion. It is not a fact. And that's a fact.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I understood you meant in the playoffs. That's what I was talking about too.

Being the best forward on this team in the playoffs is your opinion. It is not a fact. And that's a fact.

I think the stats disagree with you. And pretty much everyone agrees he's been our best and most consistent forward on the team.

Who would be yours?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I think the stats disagree with you. And pretty much everyone agrees he's been our best and most consistent forward on the team.

Who would be yours?

Really?

I don't get that sense from everybody.

None of the Bruins forwards have been consistent or really good for that matter.

Best of them perhaps Marchand or Frederic.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Really?

I don't get that sense from everybody.

None of the Bruins forwards have been consistent or really good for that matter.

Best of them perhaps Marchand or Frederic.

Everyone pretty much agrees, even the ones who disliked Jake's play this season agree. His stats and play don't lie. He's been the most consistent player for the Bruins since the playoffs started. And that's exactly what you want to see in a player. He's always been good in the playoffs. He has one less point than Marchand.

• Haha

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Everyone pretty much agrees, even the ones who disliked Jake's play this season agree. His stats and play don't lie. He's been the most consistent player for the Bruins since the playoffs started. And that's exactly what you want to see in a player. He's always been good in the playoffs. He has one less point than Marchand.

We disagree.

No problem.

Reactions: Mione134

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad