Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Anyone find it interesting that Debrusk is right at his career averages this season but we don’t hear anyone clamoring for $7-$7.5 million a year like we did over the summer?

What happened?

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
And deservedly so. We were a laughing stock and honestly that night warrants a pink slip for Sweeney, Dean Malkoc, and the rest of the scouts.

The good news is that Sweeney doesn't seem to make decisions based on the 2015 first round. Some posters think that he will bring back Jake because he'd be admitting that he royally screwed up that night. I don't think there's any evidence to support that. He was a man and admitted that they screwed up big time and it was a learning curve. Neely came out and did the same thing. He essentially said that the entire draft table was sniffing glue when they were putting the list together. That's the right approach. I don't think Sweeney cares for one second what the message boards or sports radio shows say.
Oh management should sit in offices that have posters of the misses from that draft. If they only drafted best player available we would be so deep today. I hate every memory of it but I dread the constant reminder that's on its way.

supernova

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If his style of play was a painting it would be named Sunday Drive
The 2 last Florida games I thought were enough to say bye bye
I can't see how you reward the effort in the last while ,,,don't give me the streaky
He's the young strong guy in a contract year,,sometimes playing with Mr Compete Brad
Bure would be jealous at the speed leaving the few scrums he gently entered last

Hope he scores a few ot goals this year and we get another round is best case
How he looks at the video and Heinen is busting his ass harder is beyond me

Offer 3 years 4 mil total,,otherwise go to the. Habs or oilers

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
If his style of play was a painting it would be named Sunday Drive
The 2 last Florida games I thought were enough to say bye bye
I can't see how you reward the effort in the last while ,,,don't give me the streaky
He's the young strong guy in a contract year,,sometimes playing with Mr Compete Brad
Bure would be jealous at the speed leaving the few scrums he gently entered last

Hope he scores a few ot goals this year and we get another round is best case
How he looks at the video and Heinen is busting his ass harder is beyond me

Offer 3 years 4 mil total,,otherwise go to the. Habs or oilers
$1.3M a year.
Sure why not.

Reactions: dangermike

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Anyone find it interesting that Debrusk is right at his career averages this season but we don’t hear anyone clamoring for $7-$7.5 million a year like we did over the summer?

What happened?

It looked like he turned the consistency corner last year, but he proved he didn’t. And he proved that he ain’t good enough to produce without top line mates. It is not rocket science.

In the end, it doesn’t matter if he stays or goes. But the other guys that are UFAs that are going to be in his salary range ain’t better. So if you put his money towards a more expensive player fine, but if you are using it to shuffle deck chairs, I bet you can get a better deal for DeBrusk than someone that is around the same ability.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It looked like he turned the consistency corner last year, but he proved he didn’t. And he proved that he ain’t good enough to produce without top line mates. It is not rocket science.

In the end, it doesn’t matter if he stays or goes. But the other guys that are UFAs that are going to be in his salary range ain’t better. So if you put his money towards a more expensive player fine, but if you are using it to shuffle deck chairs, I bet you can get a better deal for DeBrusk than someone that is around the same ability.
I don’t see the Bruins getting top FA

it’s become Montreal like media and fan expectations

I been a Bruins fan 50 years and I’d rather play in probably 10-12 other places for weather, no state tax, less scrutiny

I can come home in the late spring & summer

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Debrusk always gets up for Canadian teams. Here you go Jake. On a silver platter. Get some.

All your friends will have HNIC on, watching. Become a legend.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I hope so too but don't have the faith that you do.

Leafs will be all over Pasta and Brad so Jake needs to step up.

We do have one thing going in our favor in regards to Jake Debrusk….

he seems to play extremely well against teams based in Canada randomly.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I can’t wait until the debrusk era is over. He’s either hot or cold and doesn’t really make players around him better
That pass to Charlie late in game was terrible

I hope they sign him just for all the sobbing here

Plus once he’s gone we were figuring after game the hate DeBrusk incurred will be going to Pastrnak

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Really? I think there are lots of ways, and that mostly sits with Jake's agent.

Way number 1: We want 6.5M or more for long term

I hope Jake absolutely lights up on Toronto, they do 5.75M on some term, and we call it a day.
I just don't think Jake is greatly valued throughout the league, given the horrible trade offers that were allegedly made over the last 3 years. And I think when push comes to shove, his highest offer will be from Sweeney. I think Jake and his agent will be in for a rude awakening when they get nowhere near what they believe Jake is worth.

Reactions: goldenblack

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I just don't think Jake is greatly valued throughout the league, given the horrible trade offers that were allegedly made over the last 3 years. And I think when push comes to shove, his highest offer will be from Sweeney. I think Jake and his agent will be in for a rude awakening when they get nowhere near what they believe Jake is worth.

The issue there being that Sweeney has a team to build. If Jake says he's gonna go test the UFA market, Sweenius can't just wait. He's gotta go get his.

Reactions: wintersej

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
I just don't understand how there isn't consistent discussion revolving around the true delta from this year to last year.

Their center went from Patrice Bergeron to Charlie Coyle.

Both Jake and Brad are having worse years 5 on 5.

Jake went from 30 points in 64 games to 25 points in 80 games. Corsi went from 58.4% to 48%.

Brad went from 32 points in 73 games to 28 in 82. Corsi went from 57% to 49%.

Jake (and Brad) were tilting the ice last year with a real 1C. How can you possibly judge DeBrusk in a vacuum while one of the best wingers of the last 10 years is producing at the same exact (and also reduced) rate 5 on 5?

Btw, Coyle is virtually having the same exact year point-wise (5 on 5) that he did last year. He's also getting out chanced 1131 - 927.

• Love
Reactions: wintersej

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I just don't understand how there isn't consistent discussion revolving around the true delta from this year to last year.

Jake went from 30 points in 64 games to 25 points in 80 games. Corsi went from 58.4% to 48%.

Jake (and Brad) were tilting the ice last year with a real 1C. How can you possibly judge DeBrusk in a vacuum while one of the best wingers of the last 10 years is producing at the same exact (and also reduced) rate 5 on 5?

Btw, Coyle is virtually having the same exact year point-wise (5 on 5) that he did last year. He's also getting out chanced 1131 - 927.
The only flaw I see in your post is that I read here that Bergeron wasn't a 1C

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Well documented we have center issues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad