Player Discussion Jake Allen

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Nice start to the season. The Habs probably have better goaltending then several teams.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Nice start to the season. The Habs probably have better goaltending then several teams.
Before the season started, the Athletics (I think it was them) had the Habs 2nd in the North (Canada teams) for goaltending. Vancouver was 1st.:laugh:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
What's Allen trade Value?
Every GM in the league knows the inconsistent play he has always demonstrated. He started off great and now he is back on earth.
Trade value? You have to take back equal salary to trade him and maybe you get a 2nd round pick out of it.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Either a bad contract coming back and a 2nd (i.e. slightly higher trade value than DeSmith), or possibly a 2nd where we retain 50%.
If the Habs retain then they will already be using 2 retention spots for next year with them retaining on Petry. I'm not sure what the plan is for the 3 goalies but hope it gets resolved before the new year, so the 2 remaining can find more consistency in their amount of starts.

Last edited:

Don D

Oct 15, 2017
At $3.85 mil, Allen is the 24th highest paid goaltender (according to Spotrac). Is he the worth the price for a prospective team? Habs pay have to take back another salary to also get a 2nd rounder.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
At $3.85 mil, Allen is the 24th highest paid goaltender (according to Spotrac). Is he the worth the price for a prospective team? Habs pay have to take back another salary to also get a 2nd rounder.
He isn’t worth anything to a team looking for a goalie to start more then 20-30 games and get consistency. Especially at that cap hit. I doubt Hughes is going to be picky on any inquires as long as he doesn’t have to use a retention spot.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
GM's are lining up...
2 wins since October...................tell me now, the 3 goalie system is ok?
FFS do something Hughes........................put this guy on waivers, no one touches him and off to Laval.
Trade him in the summer, when your retention spots go back to 3.

Unfair to the team, to put this human sieve in the net, and then see 2 goals on 3 shots to start a game.
Or, keep him in nets, and we get a shot at winning the lottery again...............trade Primeau for something, anything................
$hit, or get off the pot Hughes.
Brutal...............

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
2 wins since October...................tell me now, the 3 goalie system is ok?
FFS do something Hughes........................put this guy on waivers, no one touches him and off to Laval.
Trade him in the summer, when your retention spots go back to 3.

Unfair to the team, to put this human sieve in the net, and then see 2 goals on 3 shots to start a game.
Or, keep him in nets, and we get a shot at winning the lottery again...............trade Primeau for something, anything................
$hit, or get off the pot Hughes.
Brutal...............
Yeah something has to give and I will say it again...you wasted a year of development on Cayden Primeau who needs to play more than 8 games

Reactions: BLONG7

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Honestly he should be the third string goaltender now. Good vet or not you have to do whats good for your team. Run 2 1 .5 games for Sam, Prime and Allen.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Guys come on , this is how subtle tanking works . Simple , he sucks and thus guarentee we don’t get too many points

Reactions: cphabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad