Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Jaden Lipinski – 2023 NHL Draft Prospect Profile

- 2 way play
- Size
- Physical

- Excels at using posterior to protect the puck

Dammit, they're saying he's ass. :sarcasm:

But seriously speaking, that's a profile in the defensively responsible, skilled and physical or sandpaper... Hathaway, Mangiapane, Tkachuk, Backlund ilk.

Suniev and Honzek are of the same type. Sharangovich that we traded for is as well.

It seems like part of the blueprint is to have a core and a bottom 6 that is insulated with a group of the most annoying jackasses ever assembled who can defeat you on the scoresheet, physical attrition or attempt to frustrate top lines by doing a decent job negating them. All of these guys are seemingly more shooters than playmakers too so they'll gel well with what we have on the roster or in the hopper.

I wonder if Conroy is trying to rebuild to something along the lines of an improved 2017-2019 ish era Flames. There's too many similarities to ignore.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
His 960 interview was pretty funny. Seems like he's a good kid, and a good locker room type.

Lippy is a great hockey nickname too

Reactions: Fig

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Is he related to the figure skater Tara Lipinski?
If she's related to any figure skater I'd rather it be Tonya Harding. That girl would just about do anything to win... not necessarily a bad quality in a hockey player.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm normally here for the Honzek thread, but Lipinski just opened the scoring tonight between Vancouver and Everett on teddy bear toss night with a really nice short-handed breakaway. And then he was pummeled with a deluge of bears. :laugh:

No tweet with video yet. I will post it when it pops up.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I can't hear the audio for the tweet because I'm at the game and it's way too loud to hear my phone, but if it's the Michael Buble song that played in the arena then there's a reason: he's a co-owner of the team.
It might be Buble, but it's a version of frosty the snowman and starts when the video does

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It might be Buble, but it's a version of frosty the snowman and starts when the video does
Ok. That's not what played in the arena. No idea where it's from. I'll have to listen when I get home.

Anyway Lipinski just scored a powerplay goal to tie the game.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Final tally for Lipinski was 2 goals and 2 assists in what ended up as an 8-7 loss for the Giants.

I won't post in the other thread because my phone is on the verge of death (3%!) But Honzek had a goal and assist and some pretty crappy turnovers. So not a great night for him.

Reactions: Fig and Lunatik

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I can't hear the audio for the tweet because I'm at the game and it's way too loud to hear my phone, but if it's the Michael Buble song that played in the arena then there's a reason: he's a co-owner of the team.

I think it's frosty the snow man Buble and puppini sisters version. Weird choice of a song, even if they're trying to choose Buble tracks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad