Prospect Info: Jacob Perreault

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
To me when I look at his numbers in the AHL I see a young player that has regressed and needs a new start. Will it work? He is only 21 so it's too early to write him off. Anaheim did give up on him.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He played with Kaiden's brother in San Diego, so if he makes the NHL, which wouldn't surprise me if they bring him up in April, he'll have played with both.

Just super random thing.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He played with Kaiden's brother in San Diego, so if he makes the NHL, which wouldn't surprise me if they bring him up in April, he'll have played with both.

Just super random thing.
You only get 4 recalls after the deadline and they used two to paper transaction Struble and Roy so I wouldn't expect any extended looks unless we get injured. I'd guess Reinbacher gets a few games with the big club and wouldn't count as a recall. I'd guess if any forward gets a callup it will be Farrell. Mailloux or Barron probably come up at some point.

Reactions: Runner77 and Toene

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
You only get 4 recalls after the deadline and they used two to paper transaction Struble and Roy so I wouldn't expect any extended looks unless we get injured. I'd guess Reinbacher gets a few games with the big club and wouldn't count as a recall. I'd guess if any forward gets a callup it will be Farrell. Mailloux or Barron probably come up at some point.
Doesn't stop this team from getting hurt and using emergency recalls

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For sure. You don't get drafted in the 1st round because you have no talent. He has work to do though.
I don’t like the noise coming from that ex-Habs scout who used to post here and who is not worth naming. He claims that Perreault has character issues, is lazy, is soft away from the puck. I’d rather we see for ourselves and have some other sources vetting this.

Yes, he has regressed in terms of production during the past 3 years but if he hadn’t, he wouldn’t have been made available or would have cost more than Mysak.

What’s intriguing is his quality shot and that’s a rare resource in this org. The trade has to come as a wake-up call, which could get him back on the path that caused him to be drafted in the first round. Interesting project.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Ylonen has a very good shot, and look at what is the result with the Habs. It takes more than a good shot. Imagine, Ylonen also has speed and good hands, but he has a hard time without the puck and making good decisions with it.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He had an awesome shot in his Sarnia days, easily one of the best on the entire OHL. Wrister, slapper, one timer, he could do them all at a plus level. The rest of his game was a mixed bag at best, but I haven't paid any attention to him as a pro, so I really couldn't tell where he's at right now.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
He had an awesome shot in his Sarnia days, easily one of the best on the entire OHL. Wrister, slapper, one timer, he could do them all at a plus level. The rest of his game was a mixed bag at best, but I haven't paid any attention to him as a pro, so I really couldn't tell where he's at right now.

Hopefully his dad will help him realize it’s now or never

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Reaction from Nathan Gaucher, his teammate in Anaheim's AHL team (applying usual subjectivity caveat):

C’est un très bon marqueur, il a une vision du jeu incroyable. Les partisans à Laval vont l’aimer. Vous allez le voir, il est assez électrisant.»

Gaucher a présenté une théorie pour justifier le lent développement de Perreault depuis son arrivée chez les professionnels.

«Il est arrivé dans la Ligue américaine à 18 ans [exceptionnellement, en raison de la COVID-19], ce n’est pas facile. Il est arrivé à 18 ans dans une ligue d’hommes. Depuis ce temps, je pense qu’il n’a jamais retrouvé la confiance qu’il avait dans le junior. Il a un très bon talent, mais tu vas le voir connaître un bon match et enchaîner avec un moins bon.»

Says he's a very good scorer, has incredible vision. He is quite spectacular, fans in Laval will love him.

Gaucher claims that his slow development is due to having started at the AHL level, a man's league, at age 18 (exceptionally on account of Covid) and was never able to regain the confidence he had in juniors. He is very talented, however, you'll see him have a good game, followed by a bad one.

Maybe the staff can help him rewire those mental aspects of his game, that seem to have been compromised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad