Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
He was pretty close in the Leaf's game. Actually this streak has been on my mind noticing that he hasn't had 1 career shutout before, surprised he's almost breaking a record for it.

Definitely deserves one though, and hopefully soon!

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
I was meaning to look up the record, the last couple weeks. Thanks.

As a Canucks fan, I'm really not a fan of his. Nilsson has looked better this season. It's the typical hype about "this guy has been touted to be a starter his whole career", and "this is what we got for Luongo, so..."

He's not that bad, he has just shown nothing all that good, over the last 3+ years. He's an ok 1b or a good backup in this league

Having said that, he does deserve a shutout....but I kind of hope he doesn't get it and does break the record. Would make sense for a Canuck to hold that record (I know some of those games were with FLA but the vast majority with VAN)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Man, there was a time there for a bit when Markstrom, Brayden Schenn and Mikael Granlund were the most hyped prospects.
Of those 3, Schenn has finally broken out. Granny, had that lacrosse high light goal at the world's.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I remember when he was being touted as the next great goalie when he was in the AHL (San Antonio) for the Panthers

He's already a great goalie. Not top 10 or anything, but a very capable starter this season. He's probably just a late bloomer and it took him a while to develop the mental side of being a professional. It's not that uncommon for goalies to develop later, look at Dubnyk (although it might have been because of his new team), Roloson, Thomas, etc. He also got screwed with the Miller signing in Vancouver - he didn't get much of a chance to play during those last three years.

Also, thank you for the counter-jinx thread. There will be no breaking of the record for Markstrom :')

Reactions: thepoeticgoblin

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
2893644522_4c7771770a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad