GDT: Jackets @ Pens | 7 PM EST

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
IMG_0617.jpeg

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
I feel bad for Pascal...there was a moment he had a thousand yard stare and based on the body language/comments from the players he clearly lost the room. Poor guy is paying for Front Office's sins and he's the one who has to pay for it. He's still young and I hope he has a long career because he seems like a good person but he wasn't ready to be a head coach

I wish I could hit the Powerball so I could buy this team.
You're still short after taxes even with the 1.3B payout.

Reactions: squashmaple

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I feel bad for Pascal...there was a moment he had a thousand yard stare and based on the body language/comments from the players he clearly lost the room. Poor guy is paying for Front Office's sins and he's the one who has to pay for it. He's still young and I hope he has a long career because he seems like a good person but he wasn't ready to be a head coach

Sorry, but I can’t feel bad for him. No it wasn’t ideal how he got his forst coaching job but dammit he now has it and IMO isn’t making the most of his chance.

Reactions: koteka

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Sorry, but I can’t feel bad for him. No it wasn’t ideal how he got his forst coaching job but dammit he now has it and IMO isn’t making the most of his chance.
I mean its rough but there is also a reason he got passed over twice for this job in fsvor of 2 other blatant failures.

That being said, he could very well succeed in a much better situation. Hiring a new captain couldn't possibly have saved the Titanic after it had already hit the iceberg.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
You are out of the playoffs. The correct way to coach is assume you have the job the next season and the season after that and develop the kids. You coach so your players buy in and don’t quit. Sure, you are going to lose a lot of games. But other people take notice and think “That Jackets team will be tough to play against in a couple of years.” You get your next job because you get a reputation for teaching young kids how to play NHL hockey. I have no idea what Pascal is doing other than setting this franchise back. He has discouraged the youth and the team looks awful. Nobody should feel bad for him.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Coaches are always in a no win situation. In a season like this, they get bashed for not playing the kids enough minutes. They give them more minutes and they still get beat, the coaches are ruining their confidence and it will hurt the players development in the long run.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Marchenko’s game has fallen off a cliff since Chinakhov has been injured
It's fallen off a cliff since he got scratched.
He played bad before his HS as the Russian line. They was probably playing on emotions first and have extremal %SH. But not only did other teams prepare for them, the line still had a bad period which is normal. It's just not normal that despite the coach's words, they kept combining in NZ (I'm sure Vincent was telling them that), which resulted in them losing pucks. That's why Chinakhov was scratched in the 3rd period (5 turnovers in the 2nd), because of Marchenko's poor play he was HS, that's why they were moved into different lines. And nothing helped Marchenko.

Well he's a poor guy who suffering because of a bad Vincent for you. But this is what any coach would do.

Last edited:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

I could be the NHL's first owner in the Cayman Islands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad