Pre-Game Talk: Jackets @ Panthers: Return of 7 PM starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Speak for yourself

We are 2nd to last in the east!!!!!!!!!! I am panicking!

We are only ahead of the Rangers who has played 3 games.....
I didn't believe you so I had to go check for myself...
18WehPo.png

#TallonOut

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
What would you know Mogo about Scandinavian countries? Of course its not :sarcasm: Funny people keep to talk about stuff they have NO CLUE about.
You can mock jakey for one thing or another, but on this, he's completely right. There is a difference between Scandinavia and the Nordic Countries. Scandinavia is the Kingdom of Norway, the Kingdom of Sweden and the Kingdom of Denmark. There's a reason why Norwegian, Swedish and Danish are called the Scandinavian languages and are mutually intelligible (other than Danes having really sloppy pronunciation haha

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
You can mock jakey for one thing or another, but on this, he's completely right. There is a difference between Scandinavia and the Nordic Countries. Scandinavia is the Kingdom of Norway, the Kingdom of Sweden and the Kingdom of Denmark. There's a reason why Norwegian, Swedish and Danish are called the Scandinavian languages and are mutually intelligible (other than Danes having really sloppy pronunciation haha

I think the modern day it is. I mean, the Scandinavian Peninsula takes up the northern part of Finland so.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Geographically, it is part of Scandinavia. In terms of culture and language, it is not considered Scandinavian - with the language being the far more obvious differentiation point as Finnish has nothing in common with Norwegian, Danish or Swedish

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
<----- Eurpean from Birth

traditional historcal Scandinavian: Sweden, Norway, Denmark later on Iceland and (north west) Finnland.
Scandinavia as most european learn ist: Sweden, Norway, Finnland the three northern europen State. Interisting fact here is that most europen citizen doesnt realize denmark as Scandinavian Conutry, since its between central and northern europe.

And when you go about the flags That all northern Countrys have the cross in their flag what is the today sign for scandinacian flag.

Back to the GDT, i like the Answer that they are going with the 5 forwards Unit in the PP. And i hope we get our first win.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Finland aside. Our schedule sucks because we're playing from behind. This isn't a sky is falling, it's over post. I actually believe we have a team to make the postseason. The issue is, it sucks.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Not expecting much for this gane. Clubs playing their 4th game a s already have their legs under them and some of the rust out. Pa there haven’t played since Saturday. Won’t be surprised if it’s quite ugly actually and the comments here should be awesome. Hopefully I’m wrong and it’s a good game

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Why the f*** would they schedule such a drastic time change difference during the regular season?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I was on my last check befor now fall to sleep. Not sure how accurate Capfriendly is. But current Roster since right now was 24/23.
I doesnt saw Haley and McK on the IR List, what looks to me like they already reactived.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I was on my last check befor now fall to sleep. Not sure how accurate Capfriendly is. But current Roster since right now was 24/23.
I doesnt saw Haley and McK on the IR List, what looks to me like they already reactived.
It's because Haley, Weegar and Mac aren't on IR yet, they can do it retroactively at any point for those three. Though I think that would mean Haley and Weegar would be ineligible to be activated for a couple days or something, Mac is probably out longer.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

I know what wikipedia says.. but ask any people living in scandinavia is Finland part of scandinavia. Heck even some say Estonia is part of scandinavia now. Finland was under of the Kingdom Of Sweden rule at one point. Did you know that?

I'll agree Finland wasn't part of the original Scandinavia but nowadays the norm is that Nordic countries are Scandinavia. At least that's what the government here tells us.

But what do I know

Helekama

Oct 11, 2018
As a long time lurker this is where I have to come in to give my two cents. Being Finnish and all I have never heard our government or too many other people referring to Finland as a part of Scandinavia. Geographically Finland is not part of Scandinavian peninsula and people mistakenly call all Nordic countries Scandinavian.

Not to make my first post completely off-topic, our 5 forward powerplay worries me and i hope it wont end up biting our asses. I am also excited to see if Lammikko gets his nhl debut soon or if Coach Boo plays Sceviour as C

Reactions: Jakeybonz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad