Rumor: Jackets interested in Tavares?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
This thread is comical.
Like CBJWennberg said, Tavares is never going to be traded from NYI to a team within the division.
Any Isles fans that come onto our board and seeing this has to be laughing, endlessly.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
This thread is comical.
Like CBJWennberg said, Tavares is never going to be traded from NYI to a team within the division.
Any Isles fans that come onto our board and seeing this has to be laughing, endlessly.

It's no fullproof rumor like Panarin hating Columbus because he didn't tweet about the city immediately after a trade, but hey, I think it's thread worthy.

Reactions: CBJFan827

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
It's no fullproof rumor like Panarin hating Columbus because he didn't tweet about the city immediately after a trade, but hey, I think it's thread worthy.

How about we change thread to a realistic title, like Where do the Cbj find a center now that Duchene is off the board ?

No way we will trade for Tavares.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If snow let's Tavares walk as a FA he wont have a job next season and the islanders would be in complete disarray.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Future 40 goal scorer Josh Anderson, future 30 goal scorer Milano, future Norris winner Carlsson and future 3rd line shutdown C Dubois should get this done.

Give Tavares the planned Johansen contract: 8 years, 88 million

Buyout Panarin and Murray if we have to make room

Reactions: Johansen2Foligno

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Future 40 goal scorer Josh Anderson, future 30 goal scorer Milano, future Norris winner Carlsson and future 3rd line shutdown C Dubois should get this done.

Id give a lot for Tavares. But I wouldn't gut this team...

Anderson, Carlsson, Milano and Dubois for someone who isn't going to sign is overkill. That's a McD package.

And then you want to buyout panarin and Murray...

Congratulations, we're back to being a bottom dweller.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Id give a lot for Tavares. But I wouldn't gut this team...

Anderson, Carlsson, Milano and Dubois for someone who isn't going to sign is overkill. That's a McD package.

And then you want to buyout panarin and Murray...

Congratulations, we're back to being a bottom dweller.

I read the post as "consider what it would cost."

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I read the post as "consider what it would cost."
While hes still going to hold a lot of value, it will be diminished if it's because he's not going to re-sign, which would be the only scenario hes actually available.

Look at what Duchene brought in compared to turris. Turris while having similar, albeit not as high end skill as Duchene, brought back considerably less.

Now Tavares I think still fetches at least a Duchene type return at the least, but it's no where near as much as it would be with another season or two left on his contract.

Personally I thought all his talk would be dead by the time the season had started because I figured he would have a contract by now. If I'm Jarmo and January/February gets here and he's still not signed, I'm throwing some offers to snow just to see his reaction.

Reactions: CBJFan827

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

LMBO

Props on throwing in the board designated ceilings

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
My brother lives out on the island. We're both big hockey fans, so the last time I had him on the phone, I mentioned that CBJLand had been speculating on making a run at Tavares if the Isles were out of it at deadline time.

He basically responded by saying "That's funny you should mention that. The media around here has been speculating about where he would go, and a lot of people were mentioning Columbus."

So maybe it's not as ridiculous as people might think. If he's going to walk as an UFA at the end of the year, the price may go down. I mean, I agree with what's been said about trading him in-division; it just might not be out of the question.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
My brother lives out on the island. We're both big hockey fans, so the last time I had him on the phone, I mentioned that CBJLand had been speculating on making a run at Tavares if the Isles were out of it at deadline time.

He basically responded by saying "That's funny you should mention that. The media around here has been speculating about where he would go, and a lot of people were mentioning Columbus."

So maybe it's not as ridiculous as people might think. If he's going to walk as an UFA at the end of the year, the price may go down. I mean, I agree with what's been said about trading him in-division; it just might not be out of the question.
If there's ever a time to go all in, it's with Tavares. Id hate to say that the Jackets are one player away but... Realistically we'd be losing a couple roster players in the trade along with picks and/or prospects. So we'd likely open up a hole or two, but with the team being so young you can afford to lose a couple picks and prospects along with a roster player or two for a top end center.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Well one thing we can offer him for sure it's a lack of attention from media, i heard he's a shy guy and doesn't like all that hoopla. :D But 10M AAV?! I'm not sure about that.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Well one thing we can offer him for sure it's a lack of attention from media, i heard he's a shy guy and doesn't like all that hoopla. :D But 10M AAV?! I'm not sure about that.
He has as many goals as our point leader has points.. He just might be worth it

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
JT is worth the money, he fits our team, but the cost in assets is silly to even speculate about. I have pondered this type of move and have always been willing to find a way to make it work but we have never been this close and had this many prospects in the pipeline as we do now - frankly I would say trade the Isle most of our picks for next year or a 1st and 1st. I bet they might reject that offer, ha ha.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I believe this team as presently constructed is as CBJW says a bubble team. Things go right its a quick exit from the playoffs, things continue as they have been it will soon be time to start the draft thread.

I was playing around with the cap and if Tavares hits free agency I'd go all in and offer him 11 million for 7 years. Trade Dubi & Jenner for picks & prospects, trade JJ at the deadline if things aren't looking playoffs or get a pick for his rights to free up cap space. (this is what I think what happens regardless of Tavares)

From a trade perspective I'd offer Jenner + a D not named Jones or Werenski + a first round pick + a prospect. I'd put Dubi in the deal if he would agree to go. If not as soon as his NMC modifies I'd trade him for picks & prospects to help alleviate Tavares' cap hit.

Panarin-Tavares-Atkinson
Milano-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-PLD-Anderson
Calvert-Sedlak-Motte
???

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Savard/Johnson
Carlsson-Nuti
Harrington

I'd target John Moore as a free agent signing if the devils don't re-sign him to fill in for the D we trade or JJ going away.

And I'd seriously consider changing coaches to someone who could install a system that would take advantage of the skill my proposed 2nd line possesses.

:popcorn:

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
For Tavares I would offer Wennberg, Jenner, Murray or Carlsson or Nuttivera, one of our AHL prospects and first round picks in 2018 and 2019. Our team is young enough and with enough prospects below the NHL level that we could afford to go 2 years without a first round pick. And after adding Tavares, I would not see any other great needs arising in the next 2 years. Our centers would be Tavares, Dubinsky, PLD and Sedlak with the expectation that over the next few years PLD and Sedlak would move up a line and Dubie would drop down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad