Post-Game Talk: Jackets 3, Oilers 1

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
You know, I'm siding with GreatKeith on this one.

Bob was lights out when his team was struggling. When the Oilers were struggling Talbot let in 2 softies.

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
worst officiated game i've seen all year.

why wasn't gagner's goal reviewed? you're not allowed to ramp the puck in with your foot.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Meh what do you expect when you dress two college FA's in Benning and Caggulia, a raw 18 year old rookie, and have Letestu and Pitlick as your key offensive players?? Lots of players on cruise control.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Team is so weak on home ICE and you can count on Nuge line out after every tv timeout. Tmac coaching is wanting at times. I knew they were going to lose this game from the get go.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Not a terrible game by the Oilers tbh, Bob was outstanding. What a terrible display of officiating as well. On to the next one.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I usually lose interest by New Years so we are right on schedule. Keep it up Oilers!

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton

why wasn't gagner's goal reviewed? you're not allowed to ramp the puck in with your foot.

I blame McClellan for that. If he still had his challenge that one would have been called back 100%. But nooooooo....he challenged the first one that was an easy no-goal call.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Cant stand Mclellan once again sold a bill of goods on a coach who coasted to a good record by the sheer talent he had on his team. How does it make any sense to **** up the lines for the beginning of the third when you played better than the other team for 3/4ths of the game up to that point? Nuge is absolutely useless I don't know why he keeps getting pp time the play dies on his stick every ****ing time. You could give him a ten foot distance if you're the opposing player all he'll do is stick handle himself into a turnover or turn his back so you can ride him into the boards and he's too weak to win any sort of battle. Eberle is pretty much the same his little wave attempt on the 4 minutes penalty to start the 2nd is indicative of his comment to play a team game.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
You know, I'm siding with GreatKeith on this one.

Bob was lights out when his team was struggling. When the Oilers were struggling Talbot let in 2 softies.

This is the plain and simple truth. Were we outplayed a bit throughout the game? Sure. But the entire difference in the score tonight was Bobrovsky. He outmatched Talbot and it really wasn't even close. He saved 2 or 3 sure goals, and Talbot let in 2 routine saves.

Jephman

Jun 1, 2010
Man, McDavid was invisible in that one.

Surely you aren't serious? If he switched jerseys with Eberle today we would've said that was the best game Eberle played all year. I'm not picking on Eberle per se, I'm just saying McDavid was still the best Oiler by far.

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014

At some point you've got to stop blaming the refs. You are allowed to direct the puck into the net with your skate, the only thing you can't do is an obvious kicking motion. Also, we earned a 4 min PP for Lucic high sticking his own teammate. That loss was all on us. 15+ minutes without a shot.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Honestly, give any team McDavid + Russell and I'm betting you they'd be in exactly the same place points-wise. McLellan isn't helping a thing. I cannot recall a single time when his prowess or decision-making helped this team to a win. He is a detriment most nights with his lack of accountability, blender, love of fourth liners in critical situations and inability to adapt.

Please, fire this joker.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Lucic - McDavid had at least four RWs tonight. That's idiotic. Pitlick scored with Kassian and Letestu, and then McLellan dicked around with the lines for some reason.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Talbot wasn't good this game. But I still maintain he's been good more than he's been bad for us, and has actually stolen wins for us before. Who was the last goalie that could do that for us behind this tire-fire of a defense?

IIRC there was an article that said he had the league's best save percentage at .930 after December last season.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Bobrovsky had lots of help. Oilers putting pucks wide on empty nets or managing to have a goal blocked by their own teammate.

The Oilers either get every bounce or none of them.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Nothing much to say.

Dominant first period. Ran out of gas. Team couldn't make a damn pass for 40 mins.

Not really anybody to blame. Bob out playEd Cam yes. Not really blaming Talbot though. Yeah, I don't like his short side goals. But it's a two way street. The team in front of him didn't even bother getting a shot until 5 mins left in the game.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Well, at least we stayed competitive up until December. It was a nice run. Maybe next year we'll make it to New Years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad