Player Discussion: Jack Roslovic - NHL 1st Star of the Week

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The thing I am really loving about this team this year is the depth. Laine slumps? NP, the bottom 6 picks it up. PP1 not firing on all cylinders? NP, PP2 gets hot. Helle forgets whatever it was he was doing right last year? Bro Swat steps in. :laugh: Love it.

I really hope Helle figures it out again soon though. More important than Laine scoring again.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
We weren’t allowed to use that type of excuse to condone a loss in the past, therefore we shouldn’t use at as a reason for winning!

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
It's kind of funny that he has almost half his goals on the season in one game...

If he keeps this up, he'll be the new Laine :sarcasm:

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
The thing I am really loving about this team this year is the depth. Laine slumps? NP, the bottom 6 picks it up. PP1 not firing on all cylinders? NP, PP2 gets hot. Helle forgets whatever it was he was doing right last year? Bro Swat steps in. :laugh: Love it.

I really hope Helle figures it out again soon though. More important than Laine scoring again.
I thought our depth shone last year and it seems even stronger this year. Kudos to Chevy and the bird dogs!

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Roslovic is going to be a very good hockey player and a big piece for the Jets in a year or two . :thumbu:

Reactions: GNP

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
A big clap of the hands to Roslovic...

His development in college out stripped his competition...

He gets selected by the Jets, Roslovic is quiet, even underwhelming for 15 to 20 games...

Then he figures the AHL out and out strips his competition…

Then he gets his chance with the Jets...

Inconsistent would be the word, game to game, shift to shift in the first half of the season...

But you saw brilliance in between his gaffs, his confusion...

And again he rises above...

He is here to stay...

The chatter about him being called on by other teams is almost certain, but crap...

Unless we get a proven 2nd line Centre-man willing to re-up with us...

A pipe dream...

Just the beginning of a great career for Jack with the Jets...

:clap:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Almost time for him to start playing centre. Think he'd do well with Laine and Connor, or Ehlers and Connor if they want to try Laine with Scheifele and Wheeler again.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
The guy handles the puck and creates his own space from traffic as well as anyone on the Jets. Lots of promising young players never manage to do that at the NHL level.

Hope he likes it here.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Roslovic really needed the big game he had, most of the season hadn't gone the way he or the team had hoped I would expect, should be a real boost for his confidence!

FiveHoled

Jul 2, 2016
West Coast
I'd love to see Ehlers, Roslovic, Connor for a shift (or game) or two. Not sure how well it would work out defensively, but the break out would be fun to watch. If they had chemistry, my goodness the possibilities would become intriguing.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes