Olympics: Jack Johnson to march in Opening Ceremony

JMFJ 3

Nov 14, 2007
Class decision by Lombardi/Murray, he had a really good game tonight as well.

danaluvsthekings

May 1, 2004
That will be an awesome experience for Jack. I understand Quick not wanting to go with the Kings having a game Thursday and Saturday and wanting his rest however I think it would have been nice if the other Kings players in the Olympics decided to go as well. At the same time I understand the players thinking that Colorado game on Saturday is important too.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
That will be an awesome experience for Jack. I understand Quick not wanting to go with the Kings having a game Thursday and Saturday and wanting his rest however I think it would have been nice if the other Kings players in the Olympics decided to go as well. At the same time I understand the players thinking that Colorado game on Saturday is important too.

I think it just happens that as Captain, Brown probably didn't feel like he should leave the team even if only for a day and with Quick, you don't want your goalie bouncing around when he already starts as much as he does. Both those guys are married too and Brown has kids so that probably plays a part too.

danaluvsthekings

May 1, 2004
I think it just happens that as Captain, Brown probably didn't feel like he should leave the team even if only for a day and with Quick, you don't want your goalie bouncing around when he already starts as much as he does. Both those guys are married too and Brown has kids so that probably plays a part too.

Oh I know why Quick passed and I don't have a problem with that at all. Just thought it would have been something nice for Brown, Doughty, and Handzus to experience as well as Jack.

Wetcoaster

Now that Jack Johnson is marching does that mean Brian Burke pulls out?
When American athletes enter B.C Place for the Olympic Opening Ceremonies, marching alongside all the bobsledders and biathletes will be Brian Burke.

The G.M of the U.S hockey team has confirmed that he will be in the parade of athletes February 12.

Because the NHL schedule has games until February 14, no players will arrive in time for the ceremonies. So Burke asked if he could march to represent the team.

"This is a great thrill," says Burke. "I have always watched the opening ceremonies with awe. And to be able to do this in Vancouver makes the event truly special."
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=20075.html

Perhaps it will prevent such things as some kid asking:

Hey mom, who is that old fat white guy who will not shut up marching in with the US Olympic team athletes?
:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad