Prospect Info: Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kakko?

Who do you want more: Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kakko?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think Hughes still has the edge, long-term.

I’ve often used Thornton and Marleau as the comparable in terms of first 3-4 years vs. beyond.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Kakko seems like a perfect fit at the moment (big, strong, skilled, et), but Hughes can become great. Jack's really a child, we'll be looking at a different player in 4 years.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Trade down

Kidding, blame it on the whiskey, Colorado's two 1st round picks and best prospect?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
People say this literally every year.

Yeah, they really do. The first time I can really remember it was 1998. RLR report liked Legwand better.

In the internet/social media age, I feel like it’s been happening with greater frequency.

But I also feel like it’s what they say about taking a multiple choice test — you’re first guess is usually the correct one.

In most, but not all cases, when you erase your answer you’re overthinking it.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
No lie: a friend of mine who is a Devil fan texted me this morning talking about all the top prospects and I swear I said to him "I'd almost take Kakko over Hughes if the Rangers won the lottery".

That said I would be just as stoked to get Hughes if he falls to us.

Reactions: egelband

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Both are going to help speed up the rebuild. Would be nice to have that potential franchise 1C , but Kakko’s size and grit is really something that is needed. I am happy with either to be honest, and to even have a Top 3 pick is truly amazing.

Reactions: egelband

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
And yes the Devils will take Hughes because he’s a center. Tough to pass on a generational talent in the middle. That’s how you build a winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad