Player Discussion: Jack "hometown kid" Roslovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Surprised to see that Jack doesn't have his own thread yet on our boards, so here it is.

Discuss anything and everything about the hometown kid. lets go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hn777

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Thru 5 games:

1 goal
3 assists
4 points.
+2.
5 shots on goal.
Averaging just under 15 mins a game.

4 points in 5 games would be on pace for nearly the top point getter on our team (if he played the same amount of games as others who haven't missed any time).

would like to see him get his FO numbers up as he's averaging just about 40 percent. Also 6 giveaways to 0 takeaways, if hockey ref is correct.

thought he had his best game as a Jacket and was extremely noticeable tonight. Also can't wait to see him get a crazy applause when crowds are allowed and torts throws him in the starting lineup. Welcome Jack.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Do not ever underestimate him.

He is the product of Columbus and Winnipeg Jets over stacked center/forward roster, so, selection pressure has been upon his shoulders all the time. The state of punctuated equilibrium just ended. He will be the most loyal, dedicaded, high spirited, and the most evolving specimen in the Columbus roster. Local fans will celebrate him in a future, while random guys several time zones away hail him already.

Jarmo will have to struggle to trade him away.

It goes this way. Nobody can say why, but Jack Roslovic is the best center of Columbus Blue Jackets, and there are absolutely no hints he couldn't stay that way.

You too can easily be a fan of ONLY Columbus fan actually playing for The Team.

[this is not a hyperbolic comment]

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Do not ever underestimate him.

He is the product of Columbus and Winnipeg Jets over stacked center/forward roster, so, selection pressure has been upon his shoulders all the time. The state of punctuated equilibrium just ended. He will be the most loyal, dedicaded, high spirited, and the most evolving specimen in the Columbus roster. Local fans will celebrate him in a future, while random guys several time zones away hail him already.

Jarmo will have to struggle to trade him away.

It goes this way. Nobody can say why, but Jack Roslovic is the best center of Columbus Blue Jackets, and there are absolutely no hints he couldn't stay that way.

You too can easily be a fan of ONLY Columbus fan actually playing for The Team.

[this is not a hyperbolic comment]

I'm pretty sure I read each sentence of this post about 5 times and still done have clue what you're trying to say. That was impressive.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I'm pretty sure I read each sentence of this post about 5 times and still done have clue what you're trying to say. That was impressive.

I mean. Obviously. What I said previously/as I said already.

You created the thread. I'm in full support for it. Jack is The Hometown Kid, and he is letting it show.

I can write that all in Finnish for dispelling BS interpretations, but by request only. :)

---

Respect to Roslo. There are Finnish guys who had already several years. There must be some natives too.

[Jarmo wouldn't have made the trade without The Hometown Kid, if that sparks any cylinder. Now we see why.]

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
I mean. Obviously. What I said previously/as I said already.

You created the thread. I'm in full support for it. Jack is The Hometown Kid, and he is letting it show.

I can write that all in Finnish for dispelling BS interpretations, but by request only. :)

---

Respect to Roslo. There are Finnish guys who had already several years. There must be some natives too.

[Jarmo wouldn't have made the trade without The Hometown Kid, if that sparks any cylinder. Now we see why.]

Jarmo would've traded dubois for Laine alone, 99 times out of 100. Jack was the icing on the cake.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Jarmo would've traded dubois for Laine alone, 99 times out of 100. Jack was the icing on the cake.

Yep. This thread is about Jack Roslovic.

For him it was/is/will be

Veni Vidi Vici

Contrary to expectations, here in HBArtillery, and there on the bubble ice.

Credits and respect where credits and respect due.

Mitä vittua mun nyt vielä pitäisi sanoa siitä, että Jack on pelannut ihan vitun hienosti, ja vieläpä tasaisen hienosti. Tuntuu hyvältä täällä Suomessa, pitää vittu tuntua myös siellä jossain preerian reunalla. Kiitos.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Yep. This thread is about Jack Roslovic.

For him it was/is/will be

Veni Vidi Vici

Contrary to expectations, here in HBArtillery, and there on the bubble ice.

Credits and respect where credits and respect due.

Mitä vittua mun nyt vielä pitäisi sanoa siitä, että Jack on pelannut ihan vitun hienosti, ja vieläpä tasaisen hienosti. Tuntuu hyvältä täällä Suomessa, pitää vittu tuntua myös siellä jossain preerian reunalla. Kiitos.

^^^^ I highly suggest everyone to translate that to English. It won't be a waste of your time.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

olen samaa mieltä (I think) ;)

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Roslovic looks a lot faster and more purposeful than he did for the Jets. Hopefully he can keep up the good form, because Columbus could benefit from a speedy guy like that, who can make clean plays.

Reactions: Shaibu and I3LI3

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So far so good. No real complaints. He’s fast, has a decent shot, and drives the play. He’s played well.

Also I know it’s in the title, but in case anyone didn’t know, Roslovic is from Columbus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heldig and Bookker

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I worry about small sample sizes; folks go on hot streaks now and again, after all. But yeah, if he keeps this up, I'll be thrilled, and I'm already happy for the guy. :)

He might not hit PPG, maybe not even 0.8 PPG in the long run, but I think he still helps the team to win, and that's all that matters.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
If he can maintain consistency plus start getting some bounces going his way (never went his way in Winnipeg) he'll be a solid top 6 C. Hoping all the best for Jack and Laine in CBJ

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
He can plant guys on their asses. See the Wennberg hit, and he also drilled Cogliano last night as well (can't find a clip of that one.) Had to see who laid the hit, and sure enough it was #96.

Rosey knew Wennberg was a puss. Alex will have to keep an eye out for him from now on

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I thought he was a servicable player. He's been a lot beeter than that. He scares me at times but he's a guy Torts will help a lot.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
More of this please!

Ragdolling Wennberg isn't a huge accomplishment

Wennberg has made enough money to retire, so in a way I don't feel sorry for him

but I do think Tom Wilson is largely to blame for his downfall

Expansion may keep him in the league a few more years, if he's willing to sign a 7ooK deal

I would expect Wennberg to be in the SHL next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad