Jack Eichel vs Patrik Laine

Which?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
1C vs 1W... Would probably pick 1C but... It's Jack Eichel and I don't like when employee is lying on bed for a big part of the season.

For that reason - Laine.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

NeverTriggered

Jan 15, 2017
Went with Eichel since I think how he's producing in Sabres is more impressive. And I value Center over winger. Its sad that he hasnt't been able to play a full season. Laine is a special player with a unique weapon with his shot so it was a coss toin for me.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
is "put the cat to the table" a real expression? be honest
In Finnish it is. Probably not in English.

On topic: voted for Laine. Had a real shot at scoring 50 goals at 19 years old. Eichel is great, but Laine can easily be a perrenial 50 goal scorer.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
'Putting the cat on the table' is a Finnish expression that refers to speaking frankly and honestly about difficult subjects.

151531698-stop-cat-jumping-table-632x475.jpg

I do not see this as a difficult subject though; just people's opinions on two different, excellent hockey players.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I googled it extensively. It's not.

But as long as I'm placing the cat, they're fairly even players but I'm going with Laine for his death metal beard as a tiebreaker.

It really is. google, "nostetaan kissa pöydälle".

Reactions: Kgame

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Eichel with ease, he's easily the most underrated player in the league.

Laine doesn't produce the way he does on Buffalo, of that I have no doubt.
Maybe Eichel doesn't produce like Laine if he's not the #1 guy or center in the team.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Eichel with ease, he's easily the most underrated player in the league.

Laine doesn't produce the way he does on Buffalo, of that I have no doubt.

you can't really make that statement about laine

guy has been moved around during the season and still managed 43 goals

his line with little wasn't that great
but when got moved with copp(4th liner centre at best) he ststted scoring

you can't give eichel the benefit of the doubt while not giving laine the benefit of the doubt

even if eichel is under rated. he's getting paid 10 million and hasn't finished a full season yet

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Eichel's wingers since he came back from injury have mostly been Benoit Pouliot and Jason Pominville.

Reinhart is our only top-6 winger left on the team and he plays with ROR...people can't honestly expect him to produce as much.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Eichel is the better player and plays a much more difficult and valuable position on the ice.

Since Buffalo has a weak roster that is hard to imagine getting much better in the short term, Laine will most likely have the edge on him stats wise however Eichel has the tools to impact the game more than Laine does IMO. That being said Eichel will have missed roughly 40 games over his fist 3 seasons, hopefully for him and Sabres fans the worst of this injuries are over and he does not continue with a trend of missing roughly 20 games a season like he will have done the past 2 seasons.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Eichel's wingers since he came back from injury have mostly been Benoit Pouliot and Jason Pominville.

Reinhart is our only top-6 winger left on the team and he plays with ROR...people can't honestly expect him to produce as much.
Stop complaining about your wingers. Pominville has 690 career Points. Most players would be lucky to play with a guy like that. Also you've got Kyle Okposo with a career high of 69 points and you traded away Evander Kane who's scored 30 goals before. If Eichel was such a good player he would've made these guys score, but he hasn't. It's time to admit that Eichel is overrated...

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Still have to go with Eichel.

It's hard to compare them head to head because Laine has the luxury of being able to be hidden in a line-up, due to the Jets depth. Eichel doesn't have that, and his results are accumulated against the oppositions best.

It's close though.

Reactions: libertarian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: