Jack Edwards announces he will retire after this season

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Good riddance. f***ing hell did I hate this guy, worst in the league for neanderthal takes for sure.

That said, still hope the best regarding whatever medical situation was causing his issues in recent years that was still undiagnosed as of a couple months ago I believe.
This says, what most feel.
Terrible announcer, but wish him well in his retirement, and best of health to him

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Im not going to bad mouth the guy who leaves on honorable terms. Homer? Yes but not an immoral guy or bad person .. which is saying something in this day and age to walk away and its not some forced scandal

Go do some good in the world Jack .. go mentor some college kids.

maybe find out what is ailing you and use that to help others with less access and connections

Good health and a long life to you

JukofYork

Mar 22, 2014
Good riddance. One of the most annoying bias homers in the world.

Id like to say I hope he gets better but i dont really know him as a person. So I will just say meh.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
Wish him the best in his endeavors. He was a great announcer during his prime, homerisms included. It shows how good of a homer he was because of how hated he was by every other fanbase.
Best of luck and get better Jack!

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
I will not be moved from my position that prior to his illness, Edwards was one of the top PBP guys in the league on a technical level, and happened to have a performative homer streak which made him unpopular outside his home market (which was the only one he cared about).

The criticism he faced from the non bruins fans outside the market of NESN (NEW ENGLAND Sports Network) makes me long for the days before Center Ice. Your regional sports network should always cater to the home market and not to random fans in Arizona, New Brunswick Canada or some guy in Florida.

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
Happy retirement but this is good news for hockey. Nothing wrong with being a Homer announcer but he was just objectively bad at his job. No matter who you cheer for it’s just a simple fact that he was awful.

He got worse as time went on. He was pretty solid when he first started and was an upgrade over Dale Arnold but he was no Fred Cusick that's for sure.

I guess it's time to change my avatar.

Reactions: Summer Rose

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
He was better than most at a job that everyone wishes they could do.
Enjoyed him during the glory years of ESPN.
God help us all when Time comes to steal our skills and abilities. Be kind when it happens to others, for it shall happen to you also.
I wish Time would've stole his douchebaggery skills years before in that case and maybe I'd be a bit more sympathetic. But happy health nonetheless....

Love him or hate him. There will never be another like him.
thank God.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He's been cleared by neurologists but something is not right there. Like he aged 20 years in a year.

When you really start to get old, basic skills and abilities can vanish with a snap. You can have it one day and then they're gone the next.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Good riddance. f***ing hell did I hate this guy, worst in the league for neanderthal takes for sure.

That said, still hope the best regarding whatever medical situation was causing his issues in recent years that was still undiagnosed as of a couple months ago I believe.

Really explains how clueless bruins fans are on here

They’ve been listening to this idiot for 20 years

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
The thing that's going to be telling is when, at some point, it comes out what's wrong with Edwards. [I offered thoughts on this in an earlier thread on Edwards.]

A handful of people who've been critical of Edwards in this thread will have some contrition. Way too many of them, however, are going to take the opportunity to take yet another dump on him and be completely unrepentant about it. Not because he physically harmed them or defamed them, or otherwise did things to make their lives a living hell and such, but because ... he ... hurt their feelings at some point.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad