Jack Edwards announces he will retire after this season

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
How anyone can listen to Jack and have an issue with our broadcast team is both beyond me and hilarious.

I guess. I hardly kept my mouth shut when Jack got stupid.

It's more about what's beyond the homer-ism. Even though Jack's moments were more outrageous than probably any other announcer, they were still mainly "moments". Steve Goldstein basically spends 60 minutes gaslighting fans every night on how the Panthers are being victimized. His and Moller's calls on some of the Nick Cousins antics have been beyond absurd.

Jack Edwards is a good announcer that got too emotionally invested at times. Still a good announcer. There's a reason that people like the initial responder in this thread (who is not a Bruins fan) feel the way they do.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I will not be moved from my position that prior to his illness, Edwards was one of the top PBP guys in the league on a technical level, and happened to have a performative homer streak which made him unpopular outside his home market (which was the only one he cared about).

Homer streak is an understatement, he would pray for other players to get injured

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
One of the best PBP guys when he was at his peak. Also knew how to get under the skin of Bruins' opposing fans. Excellent trollmanship.

In a world of bland play-it-safe announcers, Edwards was always a breath of fresh air. I like to be entertained. Edwards was both entertaining and knowledgeable.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I guess. I hardly kept my mouth shut when Jack got stupid.

It's more about what's beyond the homer-ism. Even though Jack's moments were more outrageous than probably any other announcer, they were still mainly "moments". Steve Goldstein basically spends 60 minutes gaslighting fans every night on how the Panthers are being victimized. His and Moller's calls on some of the Nick Cousins antics have been beyond absurd.

Jack Edwards is a good announcer that got too emotionally invested at times. Still a good announcer. There's a reason that people like the initial responder in this thread (who is not a Bruins fan) feel the way they do.
Dude also sat through 20ish years of awful Panthers management, so I don’t have much of an issue with his stuff. I get others do, same reason I think jacks a clown. Specifically when it comes to comments on my team.

I will say, he was obnoxious when Bruins won fights, but he called losses fairly.

From someone who watches a lot of random ass games, the Panthers crew is one of my favorites
They do a good job, they’re homers, but as I said, they say through a long period of a horrible owner.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I didn't like him for obvious reasons(look at my username), but he was a damn good villain up until these last couple of years where his brain could no longer keep up with the game

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
First Looch, now Edwards, I'm already a mess and I just know Marchand is gonna hang them up soon, this is a sad sad day in Hockey. Everyone weeps with #BruinNation.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I will not be moved from my position that prior to his illness, Edwards was one of the top PBP guys in the league on a technical level, and happened to have a performative homer streak which made him unpopular outside his home market (which was the only one he cared about).

What fans fail to give credit to, and equally annoying for a homer broadcast is how out of his way he could spin a narrative to compliment the opposition. He was extremely knowledgeable of players and their successes, albeit less so in hockey rules at times... but that was not his role anyways.

Jack is an NHL broadcast legend. Passion and emotion where many teams simply do not offer it.

How anyone can listen to Jack and have an issue with our broadcast team is both beyond me and hilarious.

Florida and Tampa are both abominations. Absolutely horrendous, low quality, and homer as well...

Florida and Tampa are both abominations. Absolutely horrendous, low quality, and homer as well... nothing to be proud of, certainly.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Hallelujah. Stupid Sportsnet shows so many Boston games in Canada and we have to listen to the insufferable homer of all homers Jack Edwards. As if Jack Michaels wasn’t bad enough!

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
What fans fail to give credit to, and equally annoying for a homer broadcast is how out of his way he could spin a narrative to compliment the opposition. He was extremely knowledgeable of players and their successes, albeit less so in hockey rules at times... but that was not his role anyways.

Jack is an NHL broadcast legend. Passion and emotion where many teams simply do not offer it.

Florida and Tampa are both abominations. Absolutely horrendous, low quality, and homer as well...

Florida and Tampa are both abominations. Absolutely horrendous, low quality, and homer as well... nothing to be proud of, certainly.
Again, hilarious from a Boston fan…who’s praising the top Homer.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Going to miss those hilarious takes and jabs at the opposition. Enjoy your retirement Jack, you’ve certainly earned it!!

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad