Proposal: J. Trouba and J. Klingberg

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
To DAL
J. Trouba ($1.5 - 2.0M retained)

To NYR
J. Klingberg

Dallas gets some good value back for Klingberg, and at the same position. NY gets to hand out another $8M/year contract, but this time for a worthy player. Klingberg would definitely re-sign because it’s NYC, and gets to play with fellow Swede, MZ.

Thoughts?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Trouba would never waive. A big reason he’s in New York is because his wife is pursuing a medical degree. Rangers are on the verge of long term contention. Not happening.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Rangers don't do this, Klingberg is awesome but redundant with Fox in NY and Trouba still takes the brunt of the tough minutes against the opposition's best players. Fox would then be left out to dry and he would just be Neal Pionk all over again.

I'd imagine the Rangers would give up their 1st+ for Klingberg later in the season if the Stars want to trade him before losing him in UFA

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Trouba isn't waiving his NMC for Dallas, Not when his wife is going to be a Dr in New York City.

He has a M-NTC in his final two seasons as per Capfriendly
CLAUSE DETAILS: 2024-25: Player submits a 15 team no trade list; 2025-26: Player submits a 12 team no trade list

I could see him getting traded at the end of his contract, but he's going nowhere anytime soon lol

Reactions: bernmeister
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
To DAL

To NYR
J. Klingberg

Dallas gets some good value back for Klingberg, and at the same position. NY gets to hand out another $8M/year contract, but this time for a worthy player. Klingberg would definitely re-sign because it’s NYC, and gets to play with fellow Swede, MZ.

Thoughts?
Ranger pass. Need Trouba. Don't need Klingberg. Certainly don't need retained salary.

Reactions: bernmeister

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
He has a M-NTC in his final two seasons as per Capfriendly
CLAUSE DETAILS: 2024-25: Player submits a 15 team no trade list; 2025-26: Player submits a 12 team no trade list

I could see him getting traded at the end of his contract, but he's going nowhere anytime soon lol
Well yeah his last 2 seasons i can definitely see him being moved, I'm just talking about now there's noway he's moving now. In 3 years or so i can definitely see him being dealt somewhere.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Trouba is too important to the team right now. 0 use for Klingberg.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Surprised CAR wouldn't go after Klingberg? Replacement for Hamilton and they have prospects that would entice DAL.

But can see why DAL is kinda forced into going for playoffs while Benn and Seguin are there.

LASTAR

Mar 9, 2004
Surprised CAR wouldn't go after Klingberg? Replacement for Hamilton and they have prospects that would entice DAL.

But can see why DAL is kinda forced into going for playoffs while Benn and Seguin are there.

If Dallas hasn't signed him yet, then he wants more money than Carolina will pay.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If Dallas hasn't signed him yet, then he wants more money than Carolina will pay.

If they do, they're locked into nearly 40 million with Seguin, Benn, Heiskanen and Klingberg.
3 of those guys are gonna be 30 years or older heading into next year.

They better hope their prospect pool continues to produce cheap production. Radulov and Pavelski likely both gone end of this year which more than pays for Klingberg and other raises/free agent adds/trades.

They're in an interesting spot and tough to gauge on a yearly basis if they're a playoff team or not.
Seguin back obviously gives them a better shot at making it.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
The value is there but it doesn't improve the Rangers as they are currently constructed, and Trouba isn't waiving anyway. He's closer to being named captain than traded.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
To DAL

To NYR
J. Klingberg

Thoughts?

If Klingberg does not resign and if that is evident before the TDL then Dallas could get back a haul for him. Trouba while a good player is not someone who i would like to see Dallas get.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If we are trading Klingberg it better be for futures and maybe a young forward

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Do we all agree that Klingberg is just a much better overall player? The rest is team needs and contracts? Well, Klingberg's offensive acumen is actually what Dallas needs most on the back-end. Heiskanen is a great 2-way guy, Lindell and others bring the D. Klingberg can be the straw that stirs the drink offensively. While still being pretty big and not at all terrible defensively either. I think Klingberg is exactly what the Stars need.

Can they afford his next contract? Well, that's a fair question. But he has been playing at bargain rates so far. And if Pavelski and Radulov are going away, then of course they can. Klingberg is probably worth $8M. Stars have an awful lot of Cap freeing up next year, so can afford this if that's what it takes.

Easy no on trading him for Trouba.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If Rangers retain 2 million, they would still need to sign another player, and most top 4's will be around the 3-5 million range. I like Klingberg but I don't think Rangers would need it to be him to fill the open hole, so unless we've already found that player, who will cost less when counting the retained cap hit, I don't think NYR can make that deal. This is basically a get out of the contract offer while slightly retaining, but it still leaves an open hole.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If Rangers retain 2 million, they would still need to sign another player, and most top 4's will be around the 3-5 million range. I like Klingberg but I don't think Rangers would need it to be him to fill the open hole, so unless we've already found that player, who will cost less when counting the retained cap hit, I don't think NYR can make that deal. This is basically a get out of the contract offer while slightly retaining, but it still leaves an open hole.
Rangers don't NEED Klingberg, Stars neither want nor NEED Trouba. It just doesn't read like a "fit" to me. :dunno:

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Didn't fox outscore kling.

I feel like some Rangers fans want trouba gone but he fits their team much better

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
To DAL

To NYR
J. Klingberg

Thoughts?
would like to entertain the premise w/an open mind, but for this and following 2 seasons Trouba has full nmc and total control, so no.

I see he plays for us this year, and then, with Schneider already ready if not close to, they will bribe him to go elsewhere, prob FL, where he and mrs now live and my understanding is where here medical interests currently are.

Where she wants to specialize is the $$$$ question, and I would guess Dolan can have MSG make a 1m tax deduction to an institution employing her in a city somewhere to make that happen --- if JT plays ball.

Klingberg doesn't add to what NYR have with Fox, Lundkvist, etc
Losing Trouba makes NYR smaller, softer

No benefits to NYR here.

Trouba is central to NYR roster for next few seasons, even if not til very end of his deal.

agree w/this except last sentence.
Replacing Trouba + his cap hit w/Schneider and his elc is how we wanna roll.

Trouba isn't waiving his NMC for Dallas, Not when his wife is going to be a Dr in New York City.
pls see above reply

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Is Klingberg looking for Nurse money? Is he an 8 or 9M player? I’d love him on the Avs but we’d have to clear out some serious salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad