Recalled/Assigned: Ivan Telegin fails to report to IceCaps (UPD: rights acquired by CSKA Moscow)

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
So I guess we toll his contract?

I'm guessing they made a courtesy call to TNSE and asked if they could sign him for one year. It may be the best thing for his development, and if we toll his contract we get another year of ELC.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Ivan Telegin disappears during a fishing trip in Northern Ontario and is never heard from again. His twin brother, Ivar Telegin, suits up for CSKA Moscow in honour of him.

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
So I guess we toll his contract?

I'm guessing they made a courtesy call to TNSE and asked if they could sign him for one year. It may be the best thing for his development, and if we toll his contract we get another year of ELC.

I'd toll that contract for the next twenty years, and I'm sure there would be pressure from the NHL office to toll it too. Can't have players disappearing on the teams to skip over to other leagues while under contract, even if it is only an AHL level player. Thin edge of the wedge, and I'd bet there is a contingent of Russian player agents that want to drive this wedge too. The NHL doesn't want this to eventually open up bidding wars with the KHL for talent.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
A team acquiring his KHL rights in no way indicates that he's going to be playing for them right away, especially given that in the same release it was said that they also acquired the rights to a player that's currently in the NHL.

Seems more like a KHL team snatching up guys who they think are high flight risk.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Hopefully this is a closed chapter as far as Jets and Russians go until things change. AFAIC we shouldn't even be drafting one before the 3rd round unless its some kind of no brainer.

It is true that most are just taking advantage of the options provided to them in unique circumstances. That said, this team needs players willing to sacrifice whatever they can to one day win a Stanley Cup. Maybe in two years Burmistrov will want to come back but I'd almost prefer not the more time has gone on. Telegin...whatever. Have a nice life in Motha Russia man.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
A team acquiring his KHL rights in no way indicates that he's going to be playing for them right away, especially given that in the same release it was said that they also acquired the rights to a player that's currently in the NHL.

Seems more like a KHL team snatching up guys who they think are high flight risk.

bam!

Duir

Good riddance. I, personally, have a problem with an employee walking out on a lawful contract just because he didn't get the promotion he wanted. The fact that he went to training camp is a clear sign he wanted that job. Otherwise, why even go. And so he doesn't get it an bolts back home. The very fact that a team KHL has acquired his rights, regardless of the MOU, is evidence that in some, why, shape, or form, there was contact between him, or his agent, with the KHL.

Even if he did come back I would not want him on the team or in the organization. His actions are indicative of an selfish employee. I don't need to know all the circumstance around his departure; but from a business perspective, your done buddy.Good luck getting a job with anyone else in the business. Unless you change your attitude, the KHL can continue to gain employees like you.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Good riddance. I, personally, have a problem with an employee walking out on a lawful contract just because he didn't get the promotion he wanted. The fact that he went to training camp is a clear sign he wanted that job. Otherwise, why even go. And so he doesn't get it an bolts back home. The very fact that a team KHL has acquired his rights, regardless of the MOU, is evidence that in some, why, shape, or form, there was contact between him, or his agent, with the KHL.

Even if he did come back I would not want him on the team or in the organization. His actions are indicative of an selfish employee. I don't need to know all the circumstance around his departure; but from a business perspective, your done buddy.Good luck getting a job with anyone else in the business. Unless you change your attitude, the KHL can continue to gain employees like you.

Nope. CSKA is a very rich KHL team that collects players that are likely to return to KHL.

Telegin WILL not sign in KHL without Jets permission. I can guarantee that. KHL did not tear up MOU for Lubomir Visnovksy, they will not for Telegin. KHL has already protested with regards to AHLers (Nikolai Prokhorkin), they will not create an issue with this. Telegin has no options right now, other than the return to AHL. We will see how this plays out, but I think he'll be back in AHL this season.

Duir

Nope. CSKA is a very rich KHL team that collects players that are likely to return to KHL.

Telegin WILL not sign in KHL without Jets permission. I can guarantee that. KHL did not tear up MOU for Lubomir Visnovksy, they will not for Telegin. KHL has already protested with regards to AHLers (Nikolai Prokhorkin), they will not create an issue with this. Telegin has no options right now, other than the return to AHL. We will see how this plays out, but I think he'll be back in AHL this season.

Yup, HC, I agree with you. You understand those contracts better than most. I was speaking to character of an employee. As in behaviour of someone you would want to work for you. That is all.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Yup, HC, I agree with you. You understand those contracts better than most. I was speaking to character of an employee. As in behaviour of someone you would want to work for you. That is all.

:laugh: Yeah I wasn't disagreeing with you in anything other than the fact that this issue means that Telegin is in contact with a KHL team. It is possible, but certainly not guaranteed with CSKA's history. However the MOU does not necessarily ban contact, so it wouldn't surprise me (or be a violation).

I'm really confused as to Telegin's thought process right now. I am sure that had he talked to the Jets they might have been able to work out a loan agreement to send him to KHL this year (Jets have done it in the past with Fredrik Pettersson). He is either being super immature and kinda stupid, or he is getting some horrible horrible advice.

Duir

Totally agree man. Not a wise decision either way, and like you said, perhaps the product of bad advice. To date, and maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong, I have not seen any evidence that the team has made a release recently regarding his departure. I would ascertain that if it were personal, that would have been disclosed and cleared by now. The fact that this has not surfaced would give credence to that is not personal and simply selfish, or as HC said, immature or really stupid. I wouldn't want that sort of person working for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad