Post-Game Talk: #ItWasThreeOne

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Mirtle is reporting that Yzerman already tried to trade him to Buffalo for Eichel but Stamkos nixed it as Buffalo wanted him to sign an extension. So it does sound like there is significant rift between Stamkos and Cooper forcing Yzerman's hand.

That would be a terrible trade for Buffalo.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Frank Corrado will make his debut. Unknown who will be exiting the lineup. I would assume Roman Polak.

Elliotte Friedman and Damien Cox reported on Headlines that Jonathan Bernier will be called up on Monday, and may start on Tuesday.

Joffery Lupul is also expected to return from injury.

You doing the GDT too? We need a few losses :)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Mirtle is reporting that Yzerman already tried to trade him to Buffalo for Eichel but Stamkos nixed it as Buffalo wanted him to sign an extension. So it does sound like there is significant rift between Stamkos and Cooper forcing Yzerman's hand.

Can't believe this to be true.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
lupul skatint with matthias and froese. this tells me spaling-winnik are most definitely the 4th line now.

hopefully with loops there froese can start putting up some 3rd line numbers.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
If Bernier starts, how many goals does he get to allow before Babcock pulls him? I gotta think the leash is pretty short at this stage.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Why do I get the sense that some are cheering against Bernier judging by some of the comments in here? It really feels like certain posters want him to fail. Tough crowd.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Bad decision to start Bernier. It should be Reimer or Sparks. Meh I guess you have to play him sooner or later.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
If Bernier starts, how many goals does he get to allow before Babcock pulls him? I gotta think the leash is pretty short at this stage.

beats me .. what's the odds that we're down 1-0 on the first shot?

Cor made the GDT.. all bets are off on this game.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

jonathan bernier, back from a conditioning stint with the toronto marlies, will start in net tuesday night for the maple leafs against the tampa bay lightning.

“he was able to go down (to the marlies) and regain his form,” said leafs coach mike babcock after monday’s practice.

“he’ll start (tuesday) and give himself an opportunity."

“that’s what it’s all about. We need everyone playing the best they can be. He has an opportunity to get his game back to where he’s going, to where he feels good.”

rookie garret sparks will be his backup and james reimer is sidelined with a groin injury.

Bernier is winless in the nhl this season and was struggling, precipitating a 10-day, four-game ahl stint. Bernier went 3-1-0 with the marlies, including three shutouts.

“i enjoyed playing games,” said bernier. “that was the main thing, get in game shape and find my game. I feel good coming back and i felt good in practice.”

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
His 3rd game with the Marlies was his best. The last game had some ill timing goals scored against him (1st shot of game), but the 2 in 3 shots in the 2nd were bad giveaways.

Hopefully he's gained some confidence & he'll be ready without the 1st shot goals.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
That would be a terrible trade for Buffalo.

Find it hard to believe that Yzerman would call Buffalo. If Yzerman offer Stamkos to Arizona for Strome, I would actually believe that. As Arizona needs star power to attract fans. Even if it means for a year.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Jon Bernier will be in the spotlight for certainly tomorrow. It's going to be interesting and good for sure. He now has a huge opportunity to show the whole hockey world what he's made of. He can be a huge factor tomorrow. The skill is there, he needs to be more of a "fighter" type of goalie just like reimer. More aggressive, just a bit. The technigue is right there as we all know.

We could be witnessing some great tomorrow night happening. Just keep an open mind and especially your eyes open.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Hoping for a good game for Corrado. If he plays well, it makes polak even more trade able than he already is, and lots of teams are looking for RHD. And polak may have even played well enough to fool a team into thinking he's a #4 D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad