Buffalo Bills It's the Off-Season. Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

I have a feeling that Elam is the guy that is the most likely to have a season in 2024 like Spencer Brown and Terrel Bernard had in 2023.

Any chance he can shift to safety?

One thing Ive liked about Elam is he has a nack for the ball. He's had some timely INTs in his young career.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Any chance he can shift to safety?

One thing Ive liked about Elam is he has a nack for the ball. He's had some timely INTs in his young career.
I don't see Elam as a good candidate to switch to safety as some of his issues are adapting to playing zone and reading things and hitting landmarks. Those are things that you need to play safety.

I would think that Douglas and Benford are both easier to project to safety.

But, with the moves they have made at safety, I doubt they have any interest in moving any of those three CBs to safety. They always need CB depth.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

Walter Football typically has the most comprehensive visit / interview lists:

It's not completely extensive however. You normally have to read around multiple sources.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Please vote in our current poll! Only one vote so far:

My vote would be for Chop Robinson, but I'm really stuck for the add at this point.

Don't know enough about some of the guys in this range or see red flags / reasons not to draft others. At the same time there are lots of good players left.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Would you rather have $20 today or $20 a year from now?

You always have to pay more in future money for current money. GMs value draft picks in a similar way and devalue picks that they have to wait to utilize.
It isnt that simple though, it could be you have 10$ today (last pick in the first round) and if you wait a year it could be another 10$ (last pick in the first round) or it could be 100$(top 10 pick in first round).

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It isnt that simple though, it could be you have 10$ today (last pick in the first round) and if you wait a year it could be another 10$ (last pick in the first round) or it could be 100$(top 10 pick in first round).
I doubt GM's view the Bills 2025 1st round pick being in the top 10 as a highly likely outcome.

And if it were, there is no way that Beane should ever contemplate parting with it.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I think he says all sort of milquetoast cliches that are nothing but complimentary to Diggs while also looking forward to working with whomever is in their WR room in 2024.
Which is what he should say. Anything that was between him and Diggs, should stay between the parties that already know. It's not going to do anybody good for answering any other way.

Reactions: Husko and Dingo44

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
It's always difficult to predict trade downs because the other team trading up has to want a particular player at #28 that you do not want.

Johnson chart has 28 (660) for 49, 80, 115 (664) so the value there is spot on.

Again - for me it would depend on who is there at #28.

The other thing to consider is - if you do make that trade with Cincinnati you would then have to swing a number of other trades later in the draft to move up. They already have too many picks.

I'll play around with PFN tonight to see how it works.
Yes, I always make more trades. Usually I'm picking at 49, picking at 60, picking at 80, then trading up from 115 and 128.

My way devalues a future 2nd more, so not sure why my way has the Bills paying more.

Wait, I though I was devaluing a future 2nd (valuing as the midpoint pick in the 3rd round), and you had it as the same value at it normally was?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Wait, I though I was devaluing a future 2nd (valuing as the midpoint pick in the 3rd round), and you had it as the same value at it normally was?
My take is that GMs tend to devalue a future pick by a whole round.

So, the value of the Bills '25 1st would be roughly the value of the 60th pick in 2024.

Other people have been arguing against that take.

Reactions: Dingo44

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

My take is that GMs tend to devalue a future pick by a whole round.

So, the value of the Bills '25 1st would be roughly the value of the 60th pick in 2024.

Other people have been arguing against that take.

Glad you clarified. We're very close to thinking the same thing.

I go by the old way of thinking still, which is a 2025 pick would be the same value as the midpoint pick in 2024 but one round later.

eg: a 2025 1st would be the same worth as the 2024 48th pick.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
PFN's mock system is like any: flawed. I have a few rules for all mocks.

- It doesn't matter who gets picked ahead of your pick as long as the players who make sense are picks. eg: I don't care if Washington take Harrison at 2 and all 4 QBs are gone by 15. Just as long as it makes sense that the players who should be gone are drafted.
- I don't make unreasonable picks. eg: if Rome Odzune makes it to 28, I don't pick him. He's never making it that far.
- I don't make unreasonable trades. I bounce all trade requests off the Johnson trade board off drafttek. You can set it to the Bills picks.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I doubt GM's view the Bills 2025 1st round pick being in the top 10 as a highly likely outcome.

And if it were, there is no way that Beane should ever contemplate parting with it.
That's the point, if you are moving back in a trade with us, you have an idea here the pick is going to be, what next year's class looks like an old the potential needs your team has. You factor all those items in a potential trade and weigh the risks that team x has that could make the pick better or worse. I don't think we are ever going to agree on it, so we should just move on

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
My vote would be for Chop Robinson, but I'm really stuck for the add at this point.

Don't know enough about some of the guys in this range or see red flags / reasons not to draft others. At the same time there are lots of good players left.
Chop is also my guy at this point. DE is a big need and he's one of the last DE's that has the traits to be a legit edge rusher if he pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad