Buffalo Bills It's the Off-Season. Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Eeeeeh. Video of him walking away from an accident. Video of a car he owns reckless driving. People hurt.

Even if drinking/drugs aren't involved, that's a felony. The best hope there is would be if he wasn't driving. But him fleeing the scene isn't good news.

I'll believe he faces major repercussions when I see it.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Folks, I know I posted it on Good Friday, but 3 days later there's only two votes on the big board poll. If there's not interest in the big board project this season, I can just cut it at #10 and stop clogging this thread with it. But usually we get to like 50ish picks. Here's the link to vote if we want to keep this going:

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The Jets are a playoff team....when healthy.

It's a shame nearly every major addition they added (Williams, the LT from Dallas) are either not going to be fully recovered or bound to get injured again. Especially on that Metlife Turf. I think they'll be 9-8 ish. And the normal wear and tear for players. Their schedule isn't even that easy except for playing the Patriots twice...and they absolutely suck against the Patriots.
They remind me of the Whaley Bills in terms of looking pretty good on paper, but being liable to collapse the second any remotely long-term injuries come into play due to a lack of viable depth players

Konix

Lurkin'
Jul 7, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Shocking news, and incredibly sad to hear. His retirement was sudden, but he deserved to enjoy it for much longer. R.I.P. Vontae Davis.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Another tie! With 40% each, Verse and Powers-Johnson come off the board. Adding all three that got add votes: Latham, Chop, and Mitchell.

New poll: 2024 HF Bills Big Board 11

1. Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State (88%)
2. Malik Nabers, WR, LSU (83%)
3. Rome Odunze, WR, Washington (100%)
4. Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame (38%)
4. Dallas Turner, DE, Alabama (38%)
6. Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State (40%)
6. Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA (40%)
8. Brian Thomas Junior, WR, LSU (40%)
9. Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon (40%)
9. Jared Verse, DE, Florida State (40%)

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Spencer BrownBuffalo BillsT$912,723
O'Cyrus TorrenceBuffalo BillsG$847,180
Terrel BernardBuffalo BillsLB$777,092

12 months ago, fans and media were wondering if Beane was making a mistake betting on Spencer Brown and Terrel Bernard. And now they are 3rd and 17th in performance-based pay for last season and #1 at their positions.

O'Cyrus Torrence with a nice pay day, as well.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I’m sure we likely will never find out for sure, but sounds like drugs or suicide given the information released.

Dangerous to speculate but it is deeply saddening how many of these athletes end up this way. I wish there were better treatments for head injuries.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Unless McDermott goes to a more 4-3-4 scheme instead of the 4-2-5 that we usually run.......I expect Williams to be Milano's primary backup while Morrow is likely the new Dodson.
It would be nice if they had a 3-LB package they could use to match deliberately heavy personnel. The chiefs wrecked the bills with heavy packages and McDermott had no answer. I get not wanting to take Johnson off the field, but they need a curveball. Maybe the answer is pulling a safety or corner off the field in favor of a third LB. They need some sort of answer.

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007
I’m sure we likely will never find out for sure, but sounds like drugs or suicide given the information released.

Dangerous to speculate but it is deeply saddening how many of these athletes end up this way. I wish there were better treatments for head injuries.

I mean the treatment is to not repeat an injury when preventable....unfortunately that usually doesn't sound believable to a 24 year old signing for lifelong riches.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It would be nice if they had a 3-LB package they could use to match deliberately heavy personnel. The chiefs wrecked the bills with heavy packages and McDermott had no answer. I get not wanting to take Johnson off the field, but they need a curveball. Maybe the answer is pulling a safety or corner off the field in favor of a third LB. They need some sort of answer.
The is the shift that a lot of offenses are making in reaction to defenses playing a lot of base nickel defense and 2 high shells.

It is the cat and mouse, back and forth as offenses and defenses shift and change.

Joe Marino has talked about how they could play Williams as SAM in 3 LB sets and shift TJ to more of a box safety type role and taking the SS off the field in those spots. It will be interesting to see if the change at DC leads to more ideas like that or if they continue to play base nickel most of the time regardless of whether there is heavy personnel out there or not.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
It's not a direct solution for the problem you're describing - but this is why I like the idea of adding a potentially elite player like DeJean who could play multiple positions / multiple roles within different formations.

Reactions: Husko

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
The is the shift that a lot of offenses are making in reaction to defenses playing a lot of base nickel defense and 2 high shells.

It is the cat and mouse, back and forth as offenses and defenses shift and change.

Joe Marino has talked about how they could play Williams as SAM in 3 LB sets and shift TJ to more of a box safety type role and taking the SS off the field in those spots. It will be interesting to see if the change at DC leads to more ideas like that or if they continue to play base nickel most of the time regardless of whether there is heavy personnel out there or not.
Yeah I totally get it. TJ is perhaps their best defensive player. They don't want to take him off the field. But just getting gashed over and over and then beat over the top on play-action is unsustainable. Need to have a solution that gets a 7th big man (be in 5 DL or 3 LBs) on the field in these situations. Given the weakness of our safety group, I agree that pulling one of them off the field is probably the most commonsense solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad