1709895063033.png

Adding trades...
Wednesday, March 6
1709896475379.png

Thursday, March 7

1709896545852.png

1709896599864.png

Friday, March 8

Washington Capitals trade Evgeni Kuznetsov (50% retained) to the Carolina Hurricanes for a 3rd round pick in 2025

St. Louis Blues trade Malcolm Subban to the Columbus Blue Jackets for future considerations

New Jersey Devils trade Tyler Toffoli to the Winnipeg Jets for a 2nd in 2025 and 3rd in 2024

Minnesota Wild trade Patrick Maroon to the Boston Bruins

Buffalo Sabres trade Kyle Okposo to the FLorida Panthers

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Seeing that Guentzel trade.... We have not done bad at all.
When you look closer at the Guentzel deal. it's not as bad as it initially looks. Bunting is a solid middle 6 LW, Ponomarev and Koivunen are recent 2nd round picks, the latter having a pretty solid year in Finland and the former having decent AHL numbers. Lucius has good numbers in the NCAA.

They basically re-stocked the depth in their prospect cupboard with this deal at the expense of a guaranteed 1st rounder.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Would the Flames consider moving Sharangovich for the NYR 1st in 24 and Adam Sykora.

The kid is a former late 2nd round pick, I believe he was one of if not the youngest player in his draft year.

Having a decent year in the AHL where most kids his age are still in Juniors.

Feisty, quick, skilled both offensively and defensively.

Projects out to be a 2nd/3rd line tweener

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Would the Flames consider moving Sharangovich for the NYR 1st in 24 and Adam Sykora.

The kid is a former late 2nd round pick, I believe he was one of if not the youngest player in his draft year.

Having a decent year in the AHL where most kids his age are still in Juniors.

Feisty, quick, skilled both offensively and defensively.

Projects out to be a 2nd/3rd line tweener
It's really hard to say. I have been a proponent of moving him while he has value, but he's changing my mind and I want to extend him on July 1 now lol.

I think the only way we move him today is if its an offer we can't refuse, and I'm not sure a 1st + Sykora does that.

Reactions: pld459666

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
It's really hard to say. I have been a proponent of moving him while he has value, but he's changing my mind and I want to extend him on July 1 now lol.

I think the only way we move him today is if its an offer we can't refuse, and I'm not sure a 1st + Sykora does that.

Noted.

Hes a solid player. Very under the radar good.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Oilers moving a 1st for Henrique and Carrick while the Canes move a very conditional 1st for Guentzel is diabolical

Reactions: joescores

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
When you look closer at the Guentzel deal. it's not as bad as it initially looks. Bunting is a solid middle 6 LW, Ponomarev and Koivunen are recent 2nd round picks, the latter having a pretty solid year in Finland and the former having decent AHL numbers. Lucius has good numbers in the NCAA.

They basically re-stocked the depth in their prospect cupboard with this deal at the expense of a guaranteed 1st rounder.
Pens fans not as optimistic as you.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011

Sykora is a great talent, played in Slovakian top league with seniors as 16, 17, 18 year old and posted noticeable numbers incrementally season after season.

It would be really hard to refuse this deal....but I love Sharan and want him to resign longer terms.

They can have Kuzmenko for that offer.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Here is hoping that Edwards and his brown nose yes man POH come to their senses and allow Conroy to market Markstrom.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I doubt anything of much consequence goes down today now. Maybe Mangiapane or Vladar.

I’d think Markstrom won’t happen now, and hard to see space for Barrie as rumoured (thankfully).

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Sykora is a great talent, played in Slovakian top league with seniors as 16, 17, 18 year old and posted noticeable numbers incrementally season after season.

It would be really hard to refuse this deal....but I love Sharan and want him to resign longer terms.

They can have Kuzmenko for that offer.
Yeah, I think Sykora would be a nice add based on what I've read about him, but I'd want more, and I don't think the Rangers have much more they can add after the Wennberg deal.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I think the flames should probably retain one of Sharangovich or Mangiapane next year. Up to them to decide which one. If they feel it’s Mangi and there’s a good offer for Sharangovich now I’d probably think about it

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
I think the flames should probably retain one of Sharangovich or Mangiapane next year. Up to them to decide which one. If they feel it’s Mangi and there’s a good offer for Sharangovich now I’d probably think about it
From those 2 you definitely trade Mangiapane, not even close.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I wonder about the Markstrom rumors, and if maybe we are sending a winger back if Mercer does end up being involved. Markstrom & Mangiapane for Mercer, Clarke, Vanecek & 1st in 24?

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
From those 2 you definitely trade Mangiapane, not even close.

Based on how they’re playing now, yeah it seems that way but it’s a bit more complicated than that. Depends on what their contract demands are on their next deal and also what they would return in a trade. Like if Sharangovich wants 7mil and returns twice as much as Mangi then it’s not so simple

When slotted properly I think they both occupy a similar role on a good team which is middle 6 wing that can move up and down the lineup as needed

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Sharangovich is younger, and the prospect of him developing at C make me inclined to keep him over Mangiapane.

I know it means breaking up the Zary/Kadri/Pospisil line, but it would also be nice to see what Zary can do at C for the rest of the season, but that gets a bit complicated making the lineup

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
We will feel Mangiapane’s loss more than expected if we move him. He is phenomenal defensively and in terms of puck possession. Just not the gunslinger we expected, but that can be Coronato

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd be down for moving 2 wingers today. Ideally Mangiapane and Kuzmenko, but I'd be cool with Sharangovich or Coleman going in the right deal.

f***ing Versteeg is on the panel, thanks SN, the one guy I loathe

Parker Wotherspoon re-signs w/ Boston, 1 year - 800k

• Haha

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I'd be down for moving 2 wingers today. Ideally Mangiapane and Kuzmenko, but I'd be cool with Sharangovich or Coleman going in the right deal.

I remember when I thought we had a gem in Tyler. Oh well, maybe Parker turns into a full time guy.

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017

Both have incredibly annoying bits but I find the TSN panel easier to deal with. Well the 8 TSN panels they have for this day

I think Kuzmenko we’ll probably have to wait until next year and retain. I also like Mangi a lot his underlyings are still solid despite the dip in production. He’s just not a 30 goal guy but if you can extend him for less than he’s making now and sell high on Sharangovich I think it’s definitely something to consider

I’m also find with keeping both or trading both if the price is right tbh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad