Its a Special Year

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
The run isnt done, but can we take a moment to celebrate some special players from this run?

For me William Karlsson is just the heart, soul and identity of VGK from day one and he is doing it again. He put handcuffs on McDrai whenever he was in. He shut down Dallas' top line. Coaches are legitimately trying to avoid him in match-ups and now he is scoring timely goals too. He is looking like season one Wild Bill again in these playoffs and it is great to see.

What Knights have shined for you this run?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The run isnt done, but can we take a moment to celebrate some special players from this run?

For me William Karlsson is just the heart, soul and identity of VGK from day one and he is doing it again. He put handcuffs on McDrai whenever he was in. He shut down Dallas' top line. Coaches are legitimately trying to avoid him in match-ups and now he is scoring timely goals too. He is looking like season one Wild Bill again in these playoffs and it is great to see.

What Knights have shined for you this run?
Wild Bill always delivers in the playoffs. Outsiders always talk about how he doesn't score 43 goals anymore but no one every can deny that strong two-way game. I really don't get how he never gets serious Selke consideration.

I mean the obvious one is Hill. I said during the Edmonton series that Brossoit just looks like a mannequin out there, he just puts his body out where he thinks the puck should be and hopes it hits him or goes wide. Doesn't read the play very well and is too timid to be a real contributor in the playoffs. He's basically a decent backup goalie. Hill came in and acted like it was his net all along and that's got to be the story here. His controlled aggression in playing angles and passes has been awesome and thankfully no puck handling scares so far. Of course his D helps but he's been like Logan out there, being positive enough to give the team a chance to do big things. I don't think Brossoit can do that.

The commentators talking about Roy was nice, but everyone who follows the team knows he's always been like that. One of the few guys that goes to the net out of habit and makes things happen on the forecheck. If only he had a shot he'd be a star.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Agreed with those already stated, In his limited time in playoffs I gotta tip my hat to William Carrier, I've liked so much of his game through the first 5 seasons the dude could just never score. He had a great regular season, and once he has come back from injury has picked up again in the post season. He's not the only one, but he's definately one of the players this team is significantly worse when he's not there.

But lets not be done yet, 4 more Ws to go.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
This has been quite the run for a few players.

I can say with confidence that Hill is getting 3+ on his next contract. There's enough teams needing goaltending and with some space that I can't see us having the money to keep him, especially with Thompson signed for 777k for the next two seasons.

Barbashev has had such a good run here that it seems certain he is getting 5 or more. His performances last season and now with us and his versatility will make it hard to argue he should get less. Hopefully we find the money to keep him.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
This has been quite the run for a few players.

I can say with confidence that Hill is getting 3+ on his next contract. There's enough teams needing goaltending and with some space that I can't see us having the money to keep him, especially with Thompson signed for 777k for the next two seasons.

Barbashev has had such a good run here that it seems certain he is getting 5 or more. His performances last season and now with us and his versatility will make it hard to argue he should get less. Hopefully we find the money to keep him.
Agreed on Hill, he might get closer to a 3/11m kind of deal to be an assumed #1 like Georgiev got. Still not sure Barbashev gets that much, his production is more line/opportunity dependent. Still hard to see him fitting in with the cap unless Stone is out again. Doro needs to step in and take that role.

Reactions: WhataKnight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad