GDT: Italy vs Norway

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Any other positive from the game against the Germans? How about Emilio Pettersen, who was his linemates? I don't have Viasat

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Norway has to win this one, right? Let's say 4-2 Norway, Olden with a goal - i enjoyed his game against Germany

Emil Lilleberg is suspended one game due to the misconduct against the german player yesterday. Ole Jullian Bjørgvik Holm(Cleveland, AHL) will replace him.

E2DsVoZWUAAH18M

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Emil Lilleberg is suspended one game due to the misconduct against the german player yesterday. Ole Jullian Bjørgvik Holm(Cleveland, AHL) will replace him.

E2DsVoZWUAAH18M

Thanks for the line up. Who do you think played well in the game against Germany? I was disappointed with this game after what i saw from your team in the pre-tournament matches

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
The first period was positive for Norway, they were probably even a little bit the better team. But after that Germany took control. Pettersen was not really visible IMHO.

Italy with Fadini in net and without Rosa. Norway without Lilleberg who scored yesterday.

https://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/748/IHM748B12_54B_1_0.pdf
Same question for you, who do you think played well in game against Germany? I missed a bit of a 1st and 3rd period and IIHF highlights are.. meh, at best

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Thanks for the line up. Who do you think played well in the game against Germany? I was disappointed with this game after what i saw from your team in the pre-tournament matches

The 3rd line played well: M.Olimb-Haga and Valkvæe Olsen. Scored a goal and created a couple of good chanches. Good speed and creativity in that line.

what went wrong against germany. Too many personal mistakes from the backs and taking stupid penalties.
1-0 Lilleberg don't pick up the german stick.
2-0 Stupid penalty taken Lilleberg revenging the germans tackle.
3-0 Goalkeeper mistake.
4-0 Big mistake from Holm sending the puck to a german in our own zone.
5-1 Big mistake from Kåsastul not clearing the puck

Reactions: aonb

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
In our first PP of the game we struggle, cant move the puck quick enough, no shots from the point :facepalm:

Great goal by Trettenes though in 5v5.

Last edited:

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
This millionth time I am not listening my hunch...I knew I have to put Trettness in my fantasy team and I cowardly put Studenic instead :(

member 305909

This game was a good argument for those people who say that there are too many teams in the worlds.

I say keep it as it is but I fear that they will actually expand the tournament to, say, 24 teams just to make sure that teams like France. GB, Italy, Austria etc in other words rich countries are always there.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
This game was a good argument for those people who say that there are too many teams in the worlds.

I say keep it as it is but I fear that they will actually expand the tournament to, say, 24 teams just to make sure that teams like France. GB, Italy, Austria etc in other words rich countries are always there.

which 24 teams then.

the 16 teams we have right now then add france, austria, poland, slovenia, china, south korea, japan and hungary. yeah it should work.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017

I would keep number of team as it is, but I would additionaly tightened the naturalization rules.

member 305909

I would keep number of team as it is, but I would additionaly tightened the naturalization rules.
Agree with you there. Soccer has that right. If your country ceases to exist then you can represent your new country but otherwise you are stuck with what you've got.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Agree with you there. Soccer has that right. If your country ceases to exist then you can represent your new country but otherwise you are stuck with what you've got.

It's always tough to find a rule that fits well. Guys like Santeri Alatalo who was born in Finland but spent part of his childhood in Switzerland (his dad worked in Switzerland), then went back to Finland until joining Zug in 2012. He spent 8 years in Switzerland until getting his swiss passport. He speaks perfectly Swiss German. Why shouldn't he play for Switzerland?

What I think is that you should raise those two years to maybe 5 for guys who obtain a new passport.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
It's always tough to find a rule that fits well. Guys like Santeri Alatalo who was born in Finland but spent part of his childhood in Switzerland (his dad worked in Switzerland), then went back to Finland until joining Zug in 2012. He spent 8 years in Switzerland until getting his swiss passport. He speaks perfectly Swiss German. Why shouldn't he play for Switzerland?

What I think is that you should raise those two years to maybe 5 for guys who obtain a new passport.

That's what I was thinking in my previous post at least five seasons in league of country you want to represent in order to gain IIHF eligibility.

Nuggets

Feb 12, 2014
Canada
which 24 teams then.

the 16 teams we have right now then add france, austria, poland, slovenia, china, south korea, japan and hungary. yeah it should work.

there is potential that teams from Lithuania and Ukraine could ice teams that would be competitive in the bottom 8.

Lithuania is ranked higher than Japan and China, Ukraine is ranked higher than China.

I’m a big international fan and always have been, I actually wish we had Olympic Qualification tournaments instead of just awarding teams a place based on how they play in other tournaments.

We need a IIHF sanctioned World Cup but that is a whole other topic.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I mean expanding top division would be insane. 16 teams were too much as well for a long time but now it's getting to the point where maybe it's alright, with Austria and France replacing Italy and GB it should be quite competitive.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland

That's what I was thinking in my previous post at least five seasons in league of country you want to represent in order to gain IIHF eligibility.

The issue became bigger lately because some countries can use a KHL team to attract way better player than they could with their local league. The eligibility rules were written in a completely different context.

I've always seen national teams as a representation of their federation's development system, and I would prefer if eligibility was linked to player development.

Reactions: LKI and pukovnik

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I was just replying to other member post:huh:
To be honest, there is nothing wrong with throwing Italy under the same bus as well. The situation with Italy hasn't escalated quite as badly as with Kazakhstan just because Italy didn't have a team in any of the strong leagues for a long time.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
The fact that limit is set at less than 2 years is absurd. Basically only thing player has to do is resign a contract and he's eligible. That's crazy.

4-5 years minimum for men's competitions with 2-3 years for U18 players or something like that

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
To be honest, there is nothing wrong with throwing Italy under the same bus as well. The situation with Italy hasn't escalated quite as badly as with Kazakhstan just because Italy didn't have a team in any of the strong leagues for a long time.

Italy and France were the worst offender back in the 90s. When that generation retired, France struggled for a while but got back up with home grown players and have some good results to show for it. Italy in the meantime hasn't been competitive for 15 years.

All things considered, the passport printing strategy doesn't seem to bring much long term success.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
Maybe we've justed reached a point professional in sports, but the results in the championships are really a bless for any sports enthusiast. Latvia blanks Canada, Kazakstan, Denmark - all unthinkable not too many years ago. A solid agrument for expansion even though it takes time to catch up. Same tendency in World juniors, with Belarus, Denmark some seasons ago, Switezerland and Germany. The polar oppositve of DDR hockey where they had to competetive teams playing each other in their own league to my recollection. I think fans from the bigger nations should, most of all, be happy for this expansion strategy as their most popular sport reaches a wider audience. Everytime Canada sends a half-baked teams and gets a whip from an underdog is a blessing for the sport - and thus maybe Canada and Canadians most of all.

Reactions: vancouverism

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad