It looks like Duchene has found his place on Columbus

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Him, Panarin and Atckinson looked ok vs Nashville. Did he play with them in previous games as well? He scored 5 points in the last 3 games. If this line keeps playing like this, it'll be a tough task to cover them in the playoffs.

Reactions: Trade

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
He started out on that line after the TDL and they were abysmal. However Dubois has been atrocious as well so they moved Duchene back to that line and they’ve clicked

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
He's been looking a lot better. Honestly, Torts line selection didn't help initially. I doubt he will stay in Columbus long-term though. I think he'll sign in Nashville.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
He's been looking a lot better. Honestly, Torts line selection didn't help initially. I doubt he will stay in Columbus long-term though. I think he'll sign in Nashville.

His line selection was basically the same as it is now. (If not the same).

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Does he still rack up points after a multipoint lead already in place? Most unclutch number 1 center playing today.

• Assist to give Columbus a 2-0 lead in the third period. Assist to give Columbus a 4-0 lead in the second period. They won 4-0.
  • Assist to give Columbus a 3-2 lead in the second period. They won 6-2.
  • Assist to give Columbus a 1-0 lead in the first period. Assist to give Columbus a 5-2 lead in the second period. They won 5-2.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
It took him ~15 games to get going in Ottawa, and then he was stellar

Yeah he was dynamite for the Senators after that initial slow start. He can be a first line center, or an absolutely lethal 1b. Isn't in the elite tier with the Mcdavids and Crosbys, but he's in the next group. Incredibly skilled . . . wherever Duchene lands they will be lucky to have him.

Who knows, if Columbus wins a round or two . . maybe some of those guys looking to leave might reconsider. They have the makings of a great team there if they can keep it all together, and Columbus is an awesome place to live.

Reactions: Jakey53

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
He's playing for pay now,let's hope the team that signs him doesn't regret it in 2 yrs

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Duchene: Has 1 big game
OP: Looks like Duchene has found his place

To be fair he did look great last night

Reactions: Juicy Pop

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
The Jackets look really good but if they advance past Tampa, or not, they’ll pull a Senators move and fall next season; at least they won’t throw away a top pick.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
no its just common sense. clutch isn't a thing its like believing in the tooth fairy.

Yes, because all people handle nerves and pressure exactly the same. All players are affected by anxiety/adrenaline, some feed off it, some flounder. That’s why some players almost always raise their game, while others of similar caliber disappear. It’s basic pattern recognition

ClUtCh IsN’t ReAl

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Yes, because all people handle nerves and pressure exactly the same. All players are affected by anxiety/adrenaline, some feed off it, some flounder. That’s why some players almost always raise their game, while others of similar caliber disappear. It’s basic pattern recognition

ClUtCh IsN’t ReAl

sorry its all just right timing. Clutch is not a thing that exists

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad