It looks like a former Pens' 1st round pick and NHL player Konstantin Koltsov tragically died in the US at age 42

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
One of the fastest straight line skaters I've ever seen. Watching him beat out icings was one of the only entertaining parts of the Pens dark years in the early 2000's.

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.

He's boyfreind of Belarussian tennis player Arina Sobolenko, he came to America to watch Arina playing in Miami and "tragically died". There is no any specific information about his death at the moment. He worked as an assistant coach for Salavat Yulayev (KHL) in 2023-24 season.
in an "apparent suicide" :sarcasm::confused:

Initial report was blood clot, I guess now the police in Miami have called it a suicide-

"In the statement, the MDPD said it responded to an incident where a male jumped off a balcony at the St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort in Miami Beach on Monday"

Weird how it changed so dramatically
they couldn't get through on the shall we say "bat phone" to get the story concocted er details straight at first

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
Initial report was blood clot, I guess now the police in Miami have called it a suicide-

"In the statement, the MDPD said it responded to an incident where a male jumped off a balcony at the St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort in Miami Beach on Monday"

So somewhere between a blood clot and suicide is where we are at.
Initial report was from a news outlet in Belarus, however many thousands of miles away. Who knows what their source was - I’m guessing it probably wasn’t through any police/medical report from the US.

I’m gonna go with what the local PD / press in this country are saying

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
NHL06 and Animal Alpha. Took the Pens to four successive Stanley Cup wins. KK was great in the game. Belarus were not too shabby either. There were some great mods for the game at the time.

But getting back to this tragic event. So untimely. Still had so much to give, prospective fatherhood too. Sincere condolences.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Sounds more to me like some f***ing morons got some bad info and wanted to be the first to get it out there. Would be sadly typical these days in that race to be first :(

Such sad news.

I really wish news outlets wouldn't be so worried about "fastest to report" rather than "accurate to report".

RIP regardless of the cause.

It's disgusting behavior.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
RIP Koltsov. One of the few players that gave Pens fans hope and entertainment when the team was being stripped for parts and the future was up in the air.

Cannot believe both him and Simon lost in the same day. Horrible. 42 is far far to young

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad