It is time to talk about Sean Monahan

McGenerational

Dec 7, 2017
He's got a great shot but he's the definition of one dimensional.
He's like Kessel without the skating.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Not sure what you mean but he was picked #6

Just think it’s a funny comment considering where he was picked originally.

But the 13 draft was very good and close at the top. A redraft would likely depend on each players last 10 games.

Edmoney

McDavid/Draisaitl > Crosby/Malkin
Nov 7, 2017
Edmonton
Why is it always flames fans making these let's talk about threads? Weird. But to the topic at hand, even as an oilers fan I think it would be homerish not to admit the guy has plenty of skill. A solid 1C. Not a superstar.

Reactions: McGenerational

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Hmm? He's played pretty much full seasons since his sophomore year.
Didn't mean for it to come off as though he's oft-injured, just that I hope he's able to play a full healthy season at this level. Too many times really good players break down over the season and their numbers drop a bit, so it would be great if he could maintain this style of play, these kinds of numbers and still be in good shape at the end of the season.

Reactions: King In The North

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Didn't mean for it to come off as though he's oft-injured, just that I hope he's able to play a full healthy season at this level. Too many times really good players break down over the season and their numbers drop a bit, so it would be great if he could maintain this style of play, these kinds of numbers and still be in good shape at the end of the season.

Ah, I gotcha. With his style of play there probably isn't a lot of wear and tear, which is why the Gaudreau and Monahan line really needed someone like Ferland to do the physical battles and give the others space.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
he's a very good goal scoring number 1 centre. but his career high is 63 points. he's had a great start to the year. if he can keep it up for the rest of the year AND next year then you can start to call him elite. but not yet.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I don't see how Monahan isn't a solidified top 4 pick in a re-draft.
yeah. barkov, MacKinnon, Jones, him. not a deep draft. there really aren't many impact players outside those 4. manga and Horvat are the only other 2 notable Nhlers in the draft so far and that's 4 years ago.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I think he can grow out of the "adequate" description in years ahead.
hes 23 so there is definitely room to grow. a lot of room? probably not. but what we are seeing now COULD be that leap forward you've been waiting for, and he might not need to grow much further. he sure as hell is consistent that's for sure.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
hes 23 so there is definitely room to grow. a lot of room? probably not. but what we are seeing now COULD be that leap forward you've been waiting for, and he might not need to grow much further. he sure as hell is consistent that's for sure.

Fair. Offensively I can see what you mean, this season he's been able to put it together in all facets of being a top Center. The two-way game tends to grow with players.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I've noticed him winning battles in the defensive end which start offensive rushes that lead to goals quite frequently. A lot of the time when his line scores 5-on-5, he started it (and often times he or Ferland finishes it).

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Fair. Offensively I can see what you mean, this season he's been able to put it together in all facets of being a top Center. The two-way game tends to grow with players.
I mean IF he scored 35 goals and 80ish points, you've got about as much as you could possibly ask for. looking for more growth from there isnt impossible, but asking for more? well that's just greedy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad