It has finally happened!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Larry Brooks has completely lost his marbles :eek:

Brooks quote:
"On July 1, the following players will be among those without NHL contracts, and thus will able to sign deals to play anywhere in the world whether or not there is a 2005-06:

Goaltenders: Mikka Kiprusoff, Roberto Luongo, Jose Theodore, Robert Esche, Rick DiPietro.

Defensemen: Scott Niedermayer, Chris Pronger, Brian Leetch, Jay Bouwmeester, Eric Brewer, Brad Stuart, Chris Chelios, Kim Johnsson, Kenny Jonsson, Roman Hamrlik, Alexei Zhitnik, Rostislav Klesla.

Centers: Peter Forsberg, Joe Thornton, Vincent Lecavalier, Eric Lindros, Scott Gomez, Jason Spezza, Michael York, Patrick Marleau, Olli Jokinen, Pavol Demitra, Sidney Crosby.

Wingers: Jarome Iginla, Patrik Elias, Markus Naslund, Ilya Kovalchuk, Martin St. Louis, Dany Heatley, Milan Hejduk, Rick Nash, Paul Kariya, Zigmund Palffy, Marian Hossa, Martin Havlat, Alex Tanguay, Alex Kovalev, Henrik Zetterberg, Ryan Smyth, Michael Ryder, Alexander Ovechkin, Evgeny Malkin"

Holy crap Brooks,what kind of deals do you think these guys would get oversees? not only that, lots of these players don't have contracts right now. the reason there not over there now is because they don't want to play for 50 grand you idiot. :lol

Doesn't the New York Post have an editor? or someone to proof read his Pejorative Slured comments? :dunno:

The worst hockey writer ever

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
ScottyBowman said:
I'm not a pro-owner fanatic but I agree that this guy has lost his mind. Nothing is preventing these same players from signing deals right now.

The reason there not signing now is because they dont know if there will be an NHL or not....those big name players will get decent contracts over there...(some of them) and they wont have out clauses on them either (for some..probably the higher $$ ones) Sure they will probably only sign for a season but if the NHL comes back they wont be back.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
FLYLine4LIFE said:
The reason there not signing now is because they dont know if there will be an NHL or not....those big name players will get decent contracts over there...(some of them) and they wont have out clauses on them either (for some..probably the higher $$ ones) Sure they will probably only sign for a season but if the NHL comes back they wont be back.

you are NUTS if you think they would sign for 1/8th what they would make in the NHL, and not have an outclause if the NHL came back. The only ones who would sign with out an out clause would be ones whos job wouldnt be guarenteed if they did come back to the NHL. No big star would EVER sign a european contract with out an outclause.

many of those D-man on that list, id LOVE to see command 2-3 mil over seas, and play on that large ice surface.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
ScottyBowman said:
I'm not a pro-owner fanatic but I agree that this guy has lost his mind. Nothing is preventing these same players from signing deals right now.

there is a rule in the swedish elite league (possibly in some other euro leagues as well) stating that any NHL player without a current NHL contract CANNOT sign a deal with a swedish elite league team...apparently the swedish league would fine the team an undisclosed amount of money. i spoke with an agent who has a relatively high profile client that's a RFA, and said that this player will not head overseas until the NHL makes an announcement...and he won't be going to sweden.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
neelynugs said:
there is a rule in the swedish elite league (possibly in some other euro leagues as well) stating that any NHL player without a current NHL contract CANNOT sign a deal with a swedish elite league team...apparently the swedish league would fine the team an undisclosed amount of money. i spoke with an agent who has a relatively high profile client that's a RFA, and said that this player will not head overseas until the NHL makes an announcement...and he won't be going to sweden.

Are you talking about RFA or UFA? I don't understand why they would require someone to have an NHL contract to play in the Swedish league. Sort of defeats the purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad