ISS top 30

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators' started by Buckleys, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckleys

Buckleys Registered User

2. The Fuhr*

The Fuhr* Guest

Jim O'Brien is at 16 though so we can grab him. He will be one of the best players to come out of this draft. I am really high on him.

3. Sens4Cup

Sens4Cup Registered User

What's with Angelo Esposito?

Wasn't he supposed to be number one overall just a few months ago?

Maybe the Sens could trade up and pick him, assuming the Sens end up around 18-22 and Esposito goes from 8-14.

He seems like a very pure offensive talent, and may require a little work but could be a total stud IMO.

With Alfie on his way out in 3-5 years the Sens could really use a top offensive prospect in the pipeline. Though Ilya Zubov seems like he could be pretty good too. Hopefully the Kai experience doesn't sour Russians on the Sens, as the Sens have developed a good number of Russians(Yashin, Volchenkov, Schastlivy) and have a tonne of talent in Russian prospects(Lyamin, Zubov, Nikulin, Anikeyenko, Megalinsky) but not much in the way of top-six forward talent elsewhere other than maybe Hennessy.

4. Tony_S*

Tony_S* Guest

Esposito, or Sutter im hoping...

5. PatrickEaves

PatrickEaves All posts unedited

Yee of little faith.

6. Sens4Cup

Sens4Cup Registered User

Well points wise the Sens are 10th in the league currently which would have them drafting 21st theoretically(though I realize there's the whole lottery and all that). Now the teams ahead in the east that actually matter are Montreal and Buffalo. I think it's certainly possible that Ottawa gets up to 4th ahead of Montreal, but doubtful that the Sens can catch Buffalo. So at 4th in the conference, given the strength in the west that could still mean the Sens draft 21st or 22nd.

Personally I think the Sens seem to do better drafting from 21-26 then they do at 29 or 30. Volchenkov, Gleason, Havlat, and Meszaros all came from 21-26, while the Sens draft pretty terribly around 14-18, with guys like Chouinard, and Klepis.

Personally I think it's a challenge for a team to constantly draft good players when you're 29th or 30th and the Sens might want to take a shot at trading up from say 21st or 22nd to get into the top 10-12 and get a solid guy like Esposito.

7. Redline

Redline Registered User

Home Page:
    13 of the top 30 from the WHL plus another from the BCJHL.
    That seems high.:amazed:

8. bert

bert Registered User

Home Page:
    How on earth is couture ranked ahead of kane. We should really try and trade up to grab this guy. He is unbelievable.

9. Wondercarrot

Wondercarrot Casual Thor

Home Page:
    agreed.

10. harvey

harvey Registered User

Sutter, then we can hire his dad as coach

11. Rabid Ranger

Rabid Ranger 2 is better than one

Contract manager
    Good call. If you notice, when the Gophers lost several key players to the U.S. WJC team he really stepped up his production. I think he'll explode next year.

12. The Fuhr*

The Fuhr* Guest

He has serious talent and a temper that he is better controlling. He plays real intense like a tucker but is 6'3 190lbs. He could round out as a 6'4 215lb power forward in 4-5 years. The kid has loads of potential and if he stays in school for four years will be finished at 21 so he gets a full education before joining the team. I think he would be the perfect second line two-way center to help build around.

13. Buckleys

Buckleys Registered User

Keven Veillieux would be another good guy to have, he's 6'5 and 200 right now.

14. The Fuhr*

The Fuhr* Guest

I think it would be a stretch to grab the guy in the first round. I do like his size but I am just not sold on his game, his intensity is not there yet but that could get there with experience. I am following his game though in the Q because I have to know my stuff come draft time in my FHL league, I have him pegged as an early 2nd rd pick right now.

15. starling

starling Registered User

Deleted. Wrong thread.

16. WhiteLight*

WhiteLight* Guest

You called it! Sort of!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.