Confirmed with Link: Isles sign Maxim Tsyplakov to 1 year ELC deal

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Nice job by Lou here. A lot of other teams, big market teams, were going hard after him too. We really need additional scoring depth from the forwards and don't have cap room. Good start to the offseason.

Reactions: NYI365

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
He reminds me of Nelson in his scoring highlights. Really calm and a deceiving shot

We signed him, a goalie, who’s the dman we’re interested in overseas again?

Good competition for camp already
Brandon Davidson and Kevin Czuczman are still playing. I vote for Czuczman because of Butch and the name factor alone.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
For my liking, this player doesn't look like he's got the skating to stick in the NHL.

Also alarming is that despite this career year, one that blew everything prior out of the water, Tsyplakov only went 2-2-4 over the final 17 games of the season, including playoffs. All four of those points were in his team's 11 playoff games.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I predict he makes the team out of camp.

A little too early to tell about that given we don't know who else is going to be resigned and/or added. Maybe Tsyplakov makes the team because Lou doesn't resign anyone else and there are no other options - And that would not be good.

OTOH maybe Tsyplakov plays very well and beats out a handful of other Lou additions and that would be very positive.

Just too early.

Reactions: beach and Osakahaus

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
A little too early to tell about that given we don't know who else is going to be resigned and/or added. Maybe Tsyplakov makes the team because Lou doesn't resign anyone else and there are no other options - And that would not be good.

OTOH maybe Tsyplakov plays very well and beats out a handful of other Lou additions and that would be very positive.

Just too early.
Hopefully Lou will be focusing on acquisitions for the top 6 and defense. If Tsy is a planned replacement for Martin or Clutter and has a decent camp, I'm all in.

JPIsles18

Jul 12, 2022
They need more signings like this and for them to actually work. Seems destined for bottom six player with a scoring touch best case scenario.
Yep. And that should be really exciting for every Isles fan. Perhaps the days of overspending on average and below average bottom 6 forwards is over. Our bottom 6 is putrid in terms of actual value to cap hit.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I have 2 trains of thought on this signing. His 31 goals are a fluke, considering his next best season was 10 goals. My other, more positive train of thought is he was FINALLY given a chance on the 1st line, and exploded.

Reactions: ekill08x

scott99

May 13, 2005
What I like about him is he’s big & tough, he’s a hitter, but he has excellent hands. Looks to be a good skater. Scores PP goals AND shorthanded goals. Would be interesting to see him on the first line w/ Barzal & Horvat. Seems to score a lot of goals in the dirty area, might be able to score a decent amount of goals off of rebounds.

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
We'll see what happens in camp, but it's nice to be involved in moves like these. Prior management groups this org have ran out would never be considered by these Euro players.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Have to see how his skating looks on the smaller ice with quicker decisions. His shot alone should make him a Wahlstrom replacement, if he has more hockey sense.
My Butch Goring bobble head has more hockey sense than Wahlstrom has shown so far, I was one who thought he was going to take a big step forward this year.

Reactions: MJF

JJ18Sniper

Oct 2, 2020
NY
I wonder if the 1 mil in (attainable or not ? ) bonus put the isles ahead of other teams

Maxim Tsyplakov signed a 1 year, $1,950,000 contract with the New York Islanders on May 16, 2024. The contract has a cap hit of $950,000.

Maximum ELC contract is $950k. The 1 million in schedule A performance bonuses are likely the carrot used to sign him over the other interested teams. Hopefully it motivates him to perform. They didn't release the bonus criteria yet.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Watched his highlights and thought that maybe his upside is to become what some people were hoping MDC might be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad