Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk PART IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Fasth, a goalie who's played in the NHL and put up respectable numbers( played for a horrible EDM team his last year) is playing on the same team as Sorokin and has clearly been inferior to him.

All this talk about it may be that their team is stacked is nonsense. Yes, having a great team helps but the goalie still needs to make the saves and stop the shots. Sorokin does that better than any goalie in the KHL. When you factor in his age it's even that much more impressive.

I wish his club would stop punishing him for wanting to play in the NHL one day and give him the #1 job outright.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Fasth, a goalie who's played in the NHL and put up respectable numbers( played for a horrible EDM team his last year) is playing on the same team as Sorokin and has clearly been inferior to him.

All this talk about it may be that their team is stacked is nonsense. Yes, having a great team helps but the goalie still needs to make the saves and stop the shots. Sorokin does that better than any goalie in the KHL. When you factor in his age it's even that much more impressive.

I wish his club would stop punishing him for wanting to play in the NHL one day and give him the #1 job outright.

This "punishing" thing can only be found on hfboards, not in the KHL. But regardless of his plans of playing in the NHL noone will give the #1 job to him, he will have to take it - Fasth is getting his money not for being just a backup.

JZCislesHockey

Jul 29, 2013
Long Island, NY
This "punishing" thing can only be found on hfboards, not in the KHL. But regardless of his plans of playing in the NHL noone will give the #1 job to him, he will have to take it - Fasth is getting his money not for being just a backup.

But it seems that Sorokin is much better than Fasth.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
But it seems that Sorokin is much better than Fasth.

Sorokin would be "much better" if his backup wasn't Fasth, but some young kid or a career KHL back-up guy. Sorokin is better than Fasth, but in general their level of play is more or less comparable, therefore they probably will get comparable starts in the regular season, just because in this situation CSKA have the luxury of not needing to ride Sorokin game in and game out. If Fasth suddenly will become very bad, Sorokin will be getting much more starts and vice versa.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

What more can be do? Seems to me he took it last year and hasn't slowed down a bit this year.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
What more can be do? Seems to me he took it last year and hasn't slowed down a bit this year.

He is doing just fine. At this pace he will be playing something like 30+ regular season games, play-offs (since CSKA is a strong team, it should be something like 15 games at least) and NT games (probably something like 5-10 games, depending on various factors) - I think this is a good workload, I mean, he just turned 21, I'm not sure if a bigger workload wouldn't harm him at this point.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
We also have to remember that the KHL is not a development league.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
At this rate we can move all three of our goaltenders and the defense.

Put him on JT's wing.

Make him the GM.

Just get him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad