Post-Game Talk: Panthers lose again but clinch playoff spot for 5th straight season

Preferred first round opponent?

• Tampa

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Toronto

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
another game where we aren't even in the teens in terms of shots late in the second period. that's a sign we are not on our game.

it isn't officiating...

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
stolie outside the crease.

it was the right call.

we need to stop crying about officiating. we are being beat because we are not playing a sound game. we are trying to make pretty plays on the rush. shot selection isn't great, retrieval isn't great. we're one and done and our opponents are the ones doing the grinding.
His whole left skate and side was inside the crease what?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Love Goldie's passion but he's a big homer. Would definitely be annoying for opposing fans. Heck, it's annoying for some Panthers fans.
There’s been physical play around the net. But when the G is out of the crease and there’s incidental contact, it’s not an automatic penalty.

And maybe the announcers should know that.

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
The reffing in this one has been borderline criminal. It does make a significant difference when the standard for a penalty is different from one period to the next. Add to it that only one team is being held to that standard and you get this fiasco.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
His whole left skate and side was inside the crease what?

one skate touching the blue paint won't do it.

I'm watching the isles feed (because, of course...) and at first, they thought it was coming back. but after multiple looks, including from the back side, you could see stolie was almost entirely outside the paint. AND he fell back to try and sell it.

I think it was the right call.

in any event, this is not winning (or panthers) hockey.

Reactions: Bones45 and Felidae

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

I'm watching the isles feed (because, of course...) and at first, they thought it was coming back. but after multiple looks, including from the back side, you could see stolie was almost entirely outside the paint. AND he fell back to try and sell it.

Screenshot_20240328_174742_X.jpg

1 skate?

Reactions: Chaos2k7

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

I’m sorry but if you think going against the grain to be “white knight” of goalie interference is the play then LOL. We have seen plenty of goalies out of the crease still get the call for much less. Horrible call for league standards.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The team's poor overall home effort since the ASB is one thing, but the go-ahead goal right now was the direct result of Sam Bennett being tripped directly in front of the net while playing the puck, and then the guy who tripped him clipping the goalie. It's worth complaining about if we're gonna complain about stuff (spoiler alert, it's a message board, we complain about stuff)

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

It wasn’t G interference. The missed call on Cizakas is another debate. Probably was valid. But the challenge on G just wasn’t there .

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
whatever. he was sliding and a half second later, it looked different.

do you really think this is that important? Is this why we're going on 1-5-1 in last 7? it's not officiating. it's our game. let's come to grips with it.
I very rarely complain about the refs and bringing up the last 7 games about this call is irrelevant

They are losing because they look bad

A bad call is a bad call

Reactions: PSLguy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad