Isles Mid-Season Awards

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
We are halfway through the season, and the team has had a great first half. I am curious to see who you guys think the best Isles have been thus far.

Hart trophy: Halak, he has been great for us, despite his recent mistakes, he has been the best player for us this season.

Young player of the season (2 seasons or less): Since Lee is the only true rookie I figured we could make it best young player. It's a tossup between Nelson and Strome for me, Nelson was much better the first 20 games, while Strome has been much better the past 20 games. I'm going to give a slight edge to Strome on this one.

Norris trophy: Hamonic, the guy has been our unsung hero this season. He has quietly shutdown other teams best players, even with his partner struggling through stretches this season. Hamonic has taken a big step forward this season, and IMO is a very big reason for our improved defensive play.

Selke: I think this has to go to Strome, he is putting up very good numbers, despite playing far less than Okposo and Tavares. He isn't as good as Nielsen defensively, but he is very good in his own right, and better offensively.

Best forward: Tavares, he hasn't lived up to expectations until recently, but he is still leading the team in points, while drawing the toughest assignments every game. The guy is coming off major surgery, and is really finding his game, I am expecting big things from him over the next 40 games.

Unsung Hero: Nick Leddy, he has blown my expectations out of the water. He is a fabulous skater, and makes great outlet passes. I wasn't sure if he could play top 4 minutes, but he has been excellent, really driving the play out there.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Hart goes to Halak right now, it will end up being Tavares by season end.
Young player goes to Strome, he's been phenomenal. Remember when people were really concerned about him during the pre-season? Hahaha
Norris goes to Boychuck for me. He has been so good for this team and has really added an element they didn't have before.
Selke is either Nielsen or Strome. I'm going to say Strome, because of his flawed +/- stat.
Best forward is obviously Tavares. Strome close behind.
Unsung hero is Bailey, because I love me some Bailey.

Also, I was thinking about a mid-season thread to compare last season to this season in terms of standings so this is as good a place as any.

Last season we had a total of 34 wins, with a ROW of 24. Midway through this season we have 27 wins and a ROW of 21.

79 total points last season, and we're at 55 midway through this season.

We allowed 3.18 G/GP last season, and are allowing 2.76 G/GP this year.
We scored 2.63 G/GP last season, and are scoring 2.93 G/GP this year.
Our PP was 17.8% last season, and is currently 19.3%.
Our PK was 78.1% last season, and is currently 76.7%.

It's simply amazing the difference between last year and this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad