Proposal: Isles and Wings possibly switching picks

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Hey all, Wings fan here looking to gauge the Islander’s needs and thoughts on possibly switching draft picks. There are a couple looks each team can consider

Hypothetical Trade #1
Islanders get: Athanasiou, and the Wings two early second rounders (edit: 33rd and 36th)

Wings Get: 12th OA

—————

Hypothetical trade #2
Islanders get 6th OA and 30th OA

Wings get the Islander’s two firsts.

In your minds would either trade be intriguing? I can see the Isles looking to move up if say a Zadina falls, whereas the Wings seem to be high on multiple defenseman and centers, some of which probably will fall a bit. I think the Wings would be fine on missing Bouchard if they think Dobson and the Finnish kid will be available at 12ish.

Constructive critisism welcome

Last edited:
Reactions: IODCPiper

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Islanders would not do trade one. I wouldn’t do trade 2 from the Wings POV, but it’s closer

Edit: Also, the Wings don’t have pick 39

Reactions: Zenon Konopka Jr

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The Islander fans who'll say yes to either deal have already traded the 12th overall pick to at least 20 other NHL teams via HFboards. We'll stay with our two high picks or trade them for immediate relief, most likely a defenseman.

Reactions: sebsisles

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
Hey all, Wings fan here looking to gauge the Islander’s needs and thoughts on possibly switching draft picks. There are a couple looks each team can consider

Hypothetical Trade #1
Islanders get: Athanasiou, and the Wings two early second rounders (36th and 39th)

—————

Hypothetical trade #2

In your minds would either trade be intriguing? I can see the Isles looking to move up if say a Zadina falls, whereas the Wings seem to be high on multiple defenseman and centers, some of which probably will fall a bit. I think the Wings would be fine on missing Bouchard if they think Dobson and the Finnish kid will be available at 12ish.

I like # 2

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Hypothetical Trade #1
Islanders get: Athanasiou, and the Wings two early second rounders (36th and 39th)

—————

Hypothetical trade #2

Not interested in either proposal.

Scoring winger is not a need, so let's move past the idea the isles ignore goaltending + top 4 D to overpay for AA or a wing prospect.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Nope Ken Holland is on record saying that he wants to stay in the top 10, So neither the Islanders #11 or #12 do any thing for us Detroit will get a nice prospect at #6 and there's no guarantee's what we would get at either #11 or #12 especially at D and i even doubt that Jesperi Kotkaniemi is even on the board so no dice.

Reactions: dano16

Eric Robson

Jan 5, 2018
I personally think there is still going be some really good guys at number 30. 6OA you are going to get a fantastic player who's going be a keystone of the franchise for years to come. while guys like McLeod, Merkley or even Samuelsson will be around the end of the draft. I think they need to stay tight with those picks IMO

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
The Wings have picks 6, 30, 33, and 36. No to the second as I want one of Dobson, Boqvist, or Hughes at 6. I don’t see the Islanders doing the first one either as it doesn’t fill a need for them.

Reactions: dano16

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Hypothetical Trade #1

—————

Hypothetical trade #2

The two early 2nds that the Wings own are #33 and #36 not #36 and #39

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
No to one from NYI perspective. NYI take #2 but no way DRW should give that up. Pretty close though to good deal for both.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Yeah Detroit passes rather easily, Would just rather keep our #6 pick in this instance.
It will be a shocker if Lou does not deal at least 1 of those 1st for immediate help.
No way do I see him packaging them, to trade up several spots for a prospect who is likely several yrs from contributing.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
It will be a shocker if Lou does not deal at least 1 of those 1st for immediate help.
No way do I see him packaging them, to trade up several spots for a prospect who is likely several yrs from contributing.
Yeah the Isles need help in different areas like D and Goaltending so i can definitely see Lou dealing one of the 1st for immediate help in one of those positions maybe for Grubs but it sounds like he doesn't want to do that for a backup. And you can hardly blame him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad