Islanders place Conacher on waivers

IwayMike

Jul 31, 2007
I liked Conacher for his back story. Takes a lot of heart just to get to where he is now with the challenges he has had.
But he is not NHL quality. Possibly fringe but that is what he has been on his other teams. We need an upgraded player to fill a #13/14 forward spot, and it was stupid not to keep Jack Skille.
Time to move on and improve that position.

Yup, at the time I thought it was a mistake to waive Skille instead of Conacher.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Likely means Cizikas is ready to go. Which means Strome is off the 4th line. Which means no more Boulton on line 1. :laugh:

why arent we giving Boulton a chance.. He is a tough guy. They would be terrified of going after Tavares if he is on the ice as his wing man.

:Sarcasm:

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Likely means Cizikas is ready to go. Which means Strome is off the 4th line. Which means no more Boulton on line 1. :laugh:

Is he eligible to come off yet? I think he went on on the 6th so he wouldn't be eligible until Sunday.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Is he eligible to come off yet? I think he went on on the 6th so he wouldn't be eligible until Sunday.

You are right, he went on IR on the 6th.

But, does the 6th count as a day or not? If it does count, then today is the 7th day. If it doesn't, then tomorrow is the 7th day.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
You are right, he went on IR on the 6th.

But, does the 6th count as a day or not? If it does count, then today is the 7th day. If it doesn't, then tomorrow is the 7th day.

I think we had the same issue earlier (forget if it was CdH or Lubo or whomever) and ultimately the player was eligible to come off on the equivalent of what is Sunday in this instance. So, if he was IR'd on the 6th, he is eligible to play on the 14th. At least that's how I remember it - can't swear to it.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
wish him luck, but he was just not a good fit here.

i don't think Strait ever played all that good for us. i think that us being happy with him, was more of a testament to how bad our defence was at the time. very sad, when you think about it.

would rather see Donovan, Reinhart, or Carkner out there, than Strait.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
It's kind of hysterical that conacher is waived after spending what, 9 games on the top line, ehh cappy? quality decision making at it's finest.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
wish him luck, but he was just not a good fit here.

i don't think Strait ever played all that good for us. i think that us being happy with him, was more of a testament to how bad our defence was at the time. very sad, when you think about it.

would rather see Donovan, Reinhart, or Carkner out there, than Strait.

not to turn this into a strait thread but id rather see Reinhart, Donovan, Pulock Czurczman or Mayfield our there instead of him.

Definitely not the human traffic cone Carkner.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm glad he's going to Bridgeport.

They've lost so much scoring over the past two years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad