Series Talk: Islanders or Canes?

Who would you prefer to play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
The Canes are more dangerous and we have a higher percentage chance of losing to them...

which is exactly why we need to play them. They are a fast fore-checking team that plays with pace.
WE are a fast fore-checking team that NEEDS to play with pace. Playing the Canes will force us to wake up and play at their level to survive.

Coming out of a series win against Carolina will best prepare us for whomever we play after.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Barzal or Dougie?

For some reason Canes worry much more than the Islanders.
I'm actually more worried about the Bruins...sure they were a great team before the pause, but sunday will see if they get closer to where they were back in early 2020.

Reactions: Dicky113

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
People are crazy if they want the Canes. Bruins match up way better vs. the Isles, you can forget 2019 playoffs. The Hurricanes gained a ton of experience from that, Brind'Amour literally went through the handshake line saying that the Bruins showed them what it took to win.

Not that they stand a chance against the Isles if they keep up this play.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
People are starting to look way too much into comparing how one team played in two games against completely different teams (where the last game was pretty even against Tampa) vs teams that had set and consistent matchups.

Is it weird thinking that it's unfair to compare how teams are playing in a series (same matchups, same players) vs a low intensity round robin?

And yeah, the Isles and Canes are good teams. But if Boston turns it on like they did against Tampa before then rebound gift from Rask, I like their chances.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Hurricanes have extra motivation for losing to the Bruins in the last playoffs. So I rather Islanders

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Islanders, not because I think they’ll be easier but I’ve never personally seen the bruins play the islanders in the playoffs (and I’m not sure if they ever even have in history?)

I actually don’t know who will be easier I just think it would be a fun series

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Doesnt matter to me, Bruins are capable of beating both if they can wake the f*** up

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The Bruins should beat both with relative ease.

Should, but this playoff has the feel of a completely different season, despite it being the same one, and that means all bets are off. Nobody knows what to expect. Bad teams are winning. Good teams are losing. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together-mass hysteria...

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Give me the Islanders. Their pretty much a mirror-image of the Bruins style-wise, but the Bruins are the better version.

That Canes team are the real deal. I'm not convinced their goaltending will hold up over 4 rounds, but that's a better team than the one the Bruins spanked last year and can give any team in this tournament fits.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
The early winter 2020 Bruins beat either one. We need to get back to that kind of play then we are in good shape. But we need a strong game tomorrow....even if we lose.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
As long as it’s not TB/ WAS/ I’m cool with either one. I wouldn’t mind the NYI because they haven’t faced them in playoffs in a while but I could care less. But I’ll vote on the poll Islanders because it’s a one team answer, but by no means is it an easy layup. At least I don’t think so IMO

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
Islanders, not because I think they’ll be easier but I’ve never personally seen the bruins play the islanders in the playoffs (and I’m not sure if they ever even have in history?)

I actually don’t know who will be easier I just think it would be a fun series

Bruins-Isles in 83 was literally the first playoff series I ever watched (I was 9). Not really understanding exactly what was going on, I can remember being so upset that Nassau was silent when the B's scored haha. Not even a horn!!
Oh, the trauma. I wouldn't mind exorcising that memory!

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
With the caveat that both teams could very well knock out the Bruins under right circumstances, Islanders seem like an obvious choice here. Islanders under Trotz are basically off-brand version of the Bruins. Extremely defensively oriented with even more anemic offensive output. Hurricanes team is much more dynamic and they always seem to go far whenever they get into playoffs.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
I think they’re very similar teams so I’m not sure it matters, although I think the Islanders are the most boring team in hockey

I think getting on the re-seeding side of Philadelphia and avoiding having to play both Washington and Tampa is more important

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If I’m a Carolina fan I’m thinking sweep or gentleman sweep

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Canes just cause I went to school on Long Island and I don’t need that conflict in my life

But both are trouble for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad